Chapter 31

We sat at the small dining table inside of what was home for now. Luciano sat across me and stared at me without blinking as he leaned back in his wooden chair and crossed his arms.

I ate a sandwich he put infront of me and I simply stared down at the food as I ate, occasionally glancing up at Luciano.

I wondered if he was hungry. He never complained about it nor mentioned it. The sight of humans didn't craze or excite him like it had other vampires.

But then again, he probably already has had his fair share in the past. Afterall, he was extremely old.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, my voice sounding odd. I wasn't sure what it was but it might have been something like worry.

At my question I noticed Lucianos gaze slowly shift to my neck.

I felt myself inhale deeply at his intense gaze.

After pausing for a few seconds his dark eyes shifted back to mine.

He gave me a small, almost boyish like smile.

"I am fine."

Even if I had decided to question it further, I didn't have time to as Luciano leaned forward from his chair and his voice and eyes went just a little colder.

"Why did you leave the house?" he asked calmly but I could hear the slight anger in his voice.

I didn't respond for a second. I picked at my sandwich and heard myself sigh a little.

"I can't just sit here."

My voice came out a lot more hushed than I expected as I stared at the plate blankly.

I didn't know what to do. My mind hadn't been thinking recently and I had been doing whatever my body decided to do or where to go.

"Yes, Axel is aiding me," Luciano then said, confirming my earlier thoughts, "-however, that does not make him an ally."

Luciano then went back to leaning in his chair, glancing out towards a nearby window above the sink.

"He is insane and very much so irritating," He muttered coldly.

I didn't respond to Luciano. Instead, I stood up and walked over to the small basin, brushing off the crusts on the plate into the bin beside it before resting my plate on the side of the sink.

"George is not happy- so I hear."

When Luciano mentioned that name I froze a little.

I turned around and stared at Luciano who was staring straight ahead with a hard glare. He clearly didn't have any intentions of backing away from this town or from his efforts of stopping the vampires who were killing humans relentlessly.

I walked towards him in small steps, standing by him. Even though he was sitting down, I still felt significantly smaller as I fiddled with my thumbs.

"Do you want to kill him?" I couldn't help but ask.

I didn't know how to feel about it. I knew that George was a vampire and one who encouraged the feeding and killing of humans. However he was my father. I was unsure if that was supposed to mean I should be against Lucianos wishes to end him.

But something I knew for sure was that the thought of George ending Luciano didn't sit right with me.

I didn't get too caught up into my thoughts as Luciano suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

I stumbled a little and slightly crashed onto his lap as his arms went around my waist, holding me to him.

I felt my heart skip a beat and I blankly stared down at my own lap as my back rested against Luciano's chest.