CHAPTER V: Samantha

"What about her?" Gary's voice slurred on, his index finger lifted toward my 8 o'clock.

I hesitantly turned around to where he was pointing at and saw a petite girl about my age with short black hair and green eyes drinking a bottle of beer alone in the table beside the stage. She's cute, I made a mental note to myself.

"Finally," Charlie muttered. "An easy prey, Samantha."

"Yeah," Elizabeth agreed. "She's alone... She looks somewhat Gothic so she could be gay, no offense intended.... I think she's also drunk. So, what are you still waiting for, Sam?"

"Since when can you tell someone's gay by the way they look?" I interjected, laughing. "She's maybe straight as a friggin ruler-"

"Sam, I think your gaydar is already faulty," Elizabeth protested. "You wanna bet on it?"

I ignored my friends and went on sipping the chocolate milkshake I ordered. Don't get me wrong. I drink alcohol. I used to drink too much after the breakup. And I never really liked how I had been at that time. It wasn't me. Alcohol tasted awful. But it helped me forget, although in a miserable painful way. What I couldn't handle are the hangovers the next day. I guess every cure has its own ugly consequence.

Since it was a Friday night, the bar was filled up to its brim. Some people were on the dance floor and some were just drinking in their tables. Good thing, Elizabeth and Oliver were still friends or we would still be lining up at the entrance to get a seat.

I only then noticed that Gary was still pointing his finger at the Gothic girl behind me.

"Stop it, silly," I exclaimed, grabbing Gary's arm to pull him down but he was just too strong.

Gary was either in a trance or trying to irritate me. He's drunk, and I don't really blame him. Gary is that one friend you have that enjoys drinking alcohol too much and doesn't care about getting drunk and destroying his reputation.

The others laughed in unison as they watched Gary keeping his stance and I trying to stop him.

It was only until the petite Gothic girl glared at us when Gary finally behaved.

Martin Garrix's In The Name Of Love was now blaring from the speakers. I tried to looked around the place, watching people drink and dance the night away. They seemed happy. But I knew better, there's too much lie in such facade. No one is happy all the time.

"Ew," Gary suddenly mumbled, finally noticing that I didn't order anything with alcohol. "What's that?" His eyes were focused on my milkshake.

I smirked and rolled my eyes, still ignoring him. Then I turned to Elizabeth and flashed my phone at her, showing that it was exactly 12:08 in the morning.

Elizabeth gasped, "Oh, don't be such a buzzkill, Sam. We barely even started. And we haven't even found you someone." She raised her hand to call the waitress, signaling for the new set of drinks she ordered.

I began to stand up and leave.

"Guys!!! Don't let her leave!!" Elizabeth shouted, grabbing me by the hand, which caused me to fall back unto the seat and my elbow to hit Elizabeth's glass of vodka, spilling everything on my shirt.

"Shit! I'm sorry, Sam," she gasped.

"Girl fight!" Charlie announced, raising his drink in salute.

I didn't really care about the smell of alcohol on me. I just wanted to get home and cuddle with my pillows and listen to sad songs I put on together in a playlist created specifically for Friday nights.