Chapter 8

I woke up to the sound of beeping.

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep...

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the hospital. I started to freak out, my heart started to race. 

Beep.Beep.Beep.Beep.

A nurse came in and looked at the monitor. She looked at me and smiled. 

"It's alright, you need to calm down, ma'am." She said as I started to calm down a little. "Now, if you can, remain calm. You came in late last night and your husband saw you on the floor, bleeding."

My eyes watered. I couldn't remember what happened. Last thing I remembered was Justin's fist. I can't remember what happened after that. "When can I leave?" I asked, I tried to sit up, but the nurse held me down, lightly. 

"You need your rest and we aren't sure when you will be able to leave. Only Dr. Lee can give you a better answer, but for now, I need you to relax and get some rest." She tucked me in and then smiled. "If you need anything, the call button for a nurse is right here on the inside of your bed. Feel free to use it." 

She then left and as I was about to close my eyes, Michael came in and walked over to my bed and sat on the edge. 

"How you feeling?" He said, grabbed my hand and held it in his. It felt nice and I gave him a small smile. 

"I can't remember what happened." 

"I saw the entire thing." He then looked into my eyes. My eyes widen.

"You did. What happened?" I asked.

"I knew something was up and so I followed you home. You and him started to fight and then once he hit you, I called a couple of my boys and we went in to beat the shit outta him, but he had already left." He turned away from him. "He left you there for dead, Elizabeth."

I didn't know what to say, other than I started to get upset and cry, again. I didn't know what to think. "What did you do to Justin?" 

"Well, one of my boys followed him to a couple houses down where you lived and we saw him kissing another woman." He then turned to me and wiped the waterfall of tears that was pouring out of my eyes. "But don't worry. I kicked his ass." He smirked and I smiled a little more. 

"Thank you." 

"No need to. It was my pleasure, but there's something that I kinda did." I looked at him and saw that he did what I know he's been wanting to do for years. "I faked Tim's death and yours." 

I looked confused because why would he risk faking our deaths if I'm currently in the hospital. "Won't they find out?" 

"Nope, they won't find us because I changed Tim and yours name. Plus we are in the next state over." He grinned. 

"Is my brother safe?" Once I asked that, Tim walked right in and hugged me.

"Don't you worry, hun. I am fine, but once you are ready to leave, we are going somewhere I've always wanted to go." He smiled. 

I left the hospital, after being there for one day, because we had to get a move on, before people figured out who we really were. 

I smiled as we got off the plane. The sun was shining, the water was bright blue, and the breeze was perfect. Why didn't Tim and I leave for the Bahamas sooner, I don't know. Maybe because I thought that everything would be perfect with Justin, but I guess I was wrong.

I looked down at my hand and saw that Justin's engagement ring was gone. I smiled. Deep down, I really did love him, but if I would've stayed with him, who knows what would happen. I could've died, for all I know.

"Mikey, sweetie! were are we staying at?" Tim asked as he dropped his bags in the back of the rental car.

"Don't worry about it, enjoy yourselves. I'll find you." Michael then got into the rental car and drove off. 

"I need a drink." I said as Tim and I walked over to the bar that was right across where the boat dropped us off. 

We sat down at the bar and ordered our drinks. "I'm glad we are here." I said as the bartender handed us our drinks. 

"Me too." He said, taking a sip of his drink. "I'm just glad that you are safe. I can't believe Justin did that to you. God, he makes me angry."

"Can we please not talk about it? I just want to forget all about him tonight." I took a sip and Tim smiled. 

"Of course." He then raised his glass and I raised mine. "Here's to having a awesome night of getting drunk." We tapped our glasses together and I said, "Cheers to that."