Hooper Gets Her Holmes

MollyxFemale!Reader  

Requested by JustSomeSwissGirl 

~***~

Molly Hooper. You thought she was the sweetest, prettiest and smartest woman you've ever met. There was only one problem, she was in love with your brother. Quite a waste of her time in your eyes. He was marrying John today. As Sherlock and John exchanged their vows, you were staring at Molly. She was wearing a beautiful yellow dress, her hair tied in a perfect bun with a bow that matched the colour of her dress. She looked ravishing. You continued staring at her as you remembered the first time you saw Molly.

It was Christmas and Mrs. Hudson wanted to have a Christmas party and invited as many people as she could, including you and Molly. You could still picture her wearing that beautiful black dress. That's when you realised that you had found your soulmate. You had been in love with her ever since, but Molly was in love with your older brother, Sherlock. You thought that she would get over him when he and John started dating, but she never did. But you had a plan. Tonight, you were going to win her heart.

At the wedding's after party...

You played a song on the violin as John and Sherlock danced to it for the first time as husbands. Your lips formed a smile as you watched your brother smile like he never had before. You knew that he was happier than ever before and you couldn't get rid of the happy feeling in your stomach as you played the love song that Sherlock wrote for John. But playing the violin that evening wasn't just to entertain the guests and enjoy the looks on John and Sherlock's faces as they listened and danced together, it was also to impress Molly. That was, after all, your goal for the night. You knew that she always enjoyed listening to Sherlock playing the violin, classical music was her favourite. And a part of you hoped that she would manage to fall in love with another Holmes. Your eyes searched the crowd of people that were watching the first dance until you finally spotted Molly. She was staring dreamily at the couple on the dance floor and you couldn't help but feeling a little jealous of all the attention that Sherlock got from Molly. He was gay, unavailable and quite rude to Molly. You didn't understand why Molly fell in love with him and not you.

But you were going to change that tonight. At least, you hoped you were going to change that tonight. You had bought a stunning red dress, decorated with small black stones that matched your shoes and purse. It fit you perfectly.

You finished the long love song and put your violin back on the floor. You clapped along with all the other guests as Sherlock and John stopped dancing. Loud and rhythmic music started to play and the majority of the guests joined the newlyweds on the dance floor and enjoyed their night. However, Molly Hooper was standing alone in a corner of the room. You took a deep breath and straightened your hair before walking over to her. In the corner of your eye, you could see Sherlock smiling at you and giving you a thumbs up. He knew about your crush on Molly and he wanted you to be happy, like he finally was. ''Hi, Molly.'' You greeted. ''Hi.'' She said shyly. ''You played that song wonderfully.'' She complemented. You blushed slightly and a smile appeared on your face. ''Thank you.'' You mumbled, not looking her in her eyes. ''You look uh really good tonight, Molly.'' You pointed out. ''Thank you.'' She replied, blushing madly.

There was an awkward silence between the two of you. You didn't know what to say or what to do, so you just listened to the music and avoided looking at the pathologist. Sherlock noticed that things weren't going very well for you and decided to intervene.

''Hi, Sherlock. Enjoying your first night as a married man?'' You asked, smiling widely as he approached you and Molly. ''Best night of my life.'' He replied honestly. ''(Y/N), I must say that you look gorgeous tonight. Don't you agree, Molly?'' Molly's face became bright red as she searched for the right words. ''Y-Yes, she looks great.'' She stuttered. You glared at Sherlock, trying to tell him to leave with just your eyes. He got the message but didn't leave. ''My little sister is wonderful. You two should go out in the future. I'm sure you'll hit it off.'' Sherlock continued. You mentally face-palmed yourself as Sherlock went on with his embarrassing speech. ''Shouldn't you be dancing with your husband?'' You interrupted, trying to get him to leave. ''Oh, yes, of course.'' He said, remembering his duty as a husband.

You chuckled awkwardly as Sherlock walked away. ''Sorry about him.'' You looked at Molly and noticed the big smile on her face. ''I think he might be right.'' She stated. ''About what?'' You questioned. ''I think we should go out together next week and get to know each other.'' Molly blushed and bit her lip nervously, something you thought was utterly adorable. ''I'd like that.'' You said, remaining calm on the outside but screaming with joy on the inside.

You weren't the only one who had butterflies in their stomach. Molly Hooper was feeling the exact same way. You had won her heart.

And Molly, she finally got her Holmes.

A/N:

Thank you so much for 68K reads. I cannot believe how close I am to 50K. I never expected to get that many. I hope you enjoyed this oneshot as much as I enjoyed writing it. Sorry for not updating very often, there's a lot going on in my life.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting. I love reading your opinions and reactions. They always make me very happy. ♥