Chapter Six: Revelations

An entire week has already passed and it was finally time for me to inform my Ohana about my son, my little Alekz. A week ago, I finally informed the girls about the nephew that I've been hiding from them, about the circumstances about my son and how I came to have him.

Andy was pretty pissed, July was a little too understanding and Joey have become the neutral party again. Andy demanded for me to tell the Ohana immediately but Jana have informed her that I already have planned in doing so and she doesn't have any rights to demand things from me. Jana already informed Andy that amongst everyone in our family, she should have been the one to understand as she was the one who have studied Psychology, which immediately shut my friend's mouth.

I have been staying over Hossa's during the entire week, too emotionally unstable to live with the girls. Jana have been amazing, she took the role of mother, sister, and best friend for me while Hoss played and pretended that things were okay. I sometimes woke up crying and the two little princesses made sure that their Aunt Liz is fine before going to work. I told AJ everything, and thankfully she understood me, she even helped me inform both Eric and Tex, as well as filing a LOA to attend Josh's burial.

I have also informed my parents that they need to get my son his passport.

"Lizzie!" Hossa called for me as he knocked on the closed door of the guest bedroom I was staying in. "Lizzie, are you okay in there?" he asked as he continued on knocking.

I sighed deeply and wiped the tears away before I stood up from the cocoon I made on the bed and approached the door, I ran my fingers through my hair before opening it with swollen eyes, "What?" I croaked as I leaned on the door jamb and tried to give my best friend a smile.

"Liz" Hoss began before he released a deep breath and smiled back at me, "you can stop pretending that you are strong in front of me." he continued, "I know what you are going through, I was there when you broke down, Jan and I are here for you. So if you can't smile don't force it okay?" he ended before he turned around to walk away when he stopped and faced me again, "I know it would be hard, but I need you to be presentable when you go down, the Ohana is already arriving." then he turned and walked away from me.

Releasing a deep sigh, I closed the door and faced the chaotic bed that I have holed myself in before turning to grab some clothes from the dresser before I walked towards the ensuite to grab a hot shower.

A few minutes later, I checked myself in the mirror and saw that the swelling of my eyes has gone down, I grabbed my white one shouldered long sleeved and put it on, before grabbing my white cut off shorts and brushing my hair. I then grabbed my nude lipstick and waterproof mascara to put on as well before I deemed myself, finally, presentable.

Walking out of the bathroom, I hanged up my used towel before searching for my white sandals. I slipped my feet in them before grabbing my phone and finally walking out of the safe haven Hoss has given me for the past few days. Climbing down the stairs I heard the voices of the people I cared about and took a deep breath before finally facing them.

"Liz!" they all greeted me as I looked around them, my heart started to beat wildly, this is my family and I don't know how they would feel once they learned this secret I have hidden from them. I looked to where my girls are and saw Andy looking at me with her neutral face, July was looking at me like she understands, while Joey was looking at me worriedly. I gave them a force smile to which I received two in return, I don't know what to do to make Andy understand where I came from.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Cath ask me as she gave me a hug.

Catherine Laflamme, the other woman who I have considered one of my best friends, I gave her a force smile and blinked the tears, that have gathered in my eyes, away. "Yeah, yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked her as I returned her hug.