Chapter Seven: Bringing Him Home

After the adoption papers that was rushed, have been finalized, I came back to my home Country with the girls, and my sons adopted parents. My parents were not happy with what I have done, but they have understood where I was coming from. I need to bring my son with me to the US as I live and work there and the only way that I can do it is to let one of my Ohana adopt him.

"Hi baby" I greeted him as we finally walked out of the NAIA Arrival Area, kneeling down and gathering him in my arms, I kissed the parts of him that I can reach without us separating as he hugged me back, tightly. I felt my son shake as he sobbed softly, "Ssh, Mommy's here baby, mommy's here." I consoled him before I pulled back to wipe his tear stricken face.

Standing up with him in my arms and faced my friends, and smiled as I felt my son tucked his face on the crook of my neck while sucking on his thumb, "Guys, meet my parents." I started before facing my parents, "Mom and Dad, meet Andy, July and Joey" the girls raised their hands and waved as my parents nodded, "Catherine Letang" I then introduced Cath to them as she moved forward to shake their hands, "then these are Alekz' adoptive parents" I continued as I pointed at Peeks and Tazer whose eyes were focused on the little man in my arms.

"Nice meeting you Mr and Mrs Jamoragan" Jon started after he tore his gaze away from staring at my shy little boy, "Jonathan Toews" he continued as he shook my parents hands, "this is my partner and teammate Patrick Kane" he ended as he pointed at the blond who was making funny faces at my son making him laugh softly.

My dad nodded and gruffly replied, "Nice meeting you guys as well, Liz let's go?" he asked as he turned towards me as he grabbed my bag.

Nodding at my dad we started to walk towards the car park where the van was waiting for us. Climbing in the vehicle I sat down on the first row behind the driver's seat and immediately let my son go who stood and faced the new people he met today and saw them as he continued to suck on his thumb. He waved at my friends as he smiled around his thumb as the others smile and wave back at him.

Pulling his thumb away from my son's mouth I urged him to say 'Hello' to the guys. "Hi!" he shyly greets before sitting down and hiding behind the backrest before peeking his head out and giggling. Looking back I saw that Tazer was making faces. TAZER was making faces on my son. That's when I realized that everything would be okay.

-*-*-*-*-

"Did you attend his funeral?" I asked my mom as I sat down on our kitchen table with a cup of tea in front of me as I sat down, with one of my feet tucked against my chest.

Mom sighed as she fussed around the range, cooking, before she faced me and replied, "His wife does not want us to be anywhere near his dead body. So no. Alekz' was sad and today is the first time I heard my grandson laugh after his father died."

"Sorry Ma" I told her before taking a sip, "I know that you didn't raise me to be like this, but you still love me for me so I thank you for that." I confessed.

Mom just sighed as she approached me and wrapped her arms around me, kissing my head as I placed a hand against her arm as I leaned against my mom. "You're my child, my only daughter Liz, so of course I will love you unconditionally." she replied, "You may have a few decisions that I may not agree with, but that is what being a parent is Liz, being there for your kid, accepting them, supporting them and loving them no matter what." she ended.

"Thanks Ma" I whispered before taking a deep breath, "What do you think of Tazer and Kaner though?" I asked.

Mom kissed my head one more time before walking away and approaching the stove to check on what she was cooking again, "I don't have any ground in judging them, I personally have not talked to the two men that would be adopting my grandson." she began, "I made some research in regards to them but I have learned that I can't base my judgment by what the internet have been saying about them." she then sighed before looking at me again, "But as you have said, they would just be helping you bring Alekz home as you would be the one responsible for your kid, am I right?" she asked.

I hummed positively as I took a sip of my tea, "Yes" I verbally confirmed.

"Then your dad and I need not worry about Alekz, although I think your dad would still want to talk to your friends as they would be around Alekz, and you know how overprotective your Dad gets in regards to Alekz." she explained.

I nodded at her in understanding, "They will understand that, but Dad needs to Skype like a few more people as Alekz would be exposed to more people than usual." I explained.

"What? Who else would Alekz be exposed to?" she asked worriedly.

Smiling, I grabbed my phone from beside my cup and unlocked before proceeding to my photo album and searching for one of the photos I took during one of our barbecue weekend with the Nashville part of our family, "Here" I then handed my mom my phone and watched as her eyes widened.

"Who are all these people?" she asked.

Smiling and unhesitatingly I replied, "That's Our Ohana mom. Our adopted family in the States, support group in a sense." I paused before taking my phone from her and searching for the photo of Hoss and Jana. "These are my best friends in the States, Marian and Jana Hossa, they're Slovaks and he also plays with Kaner and Tazer back home, I mean in the States." I immediately corrected when my mom immediately looked at me when I said home.

"It's really your home now huh?" my mom stated as I blushed and nodded, "Well then, I only wish for you to not forget your real family Liz. But I am happy for you baby and I know you and Alekz would both be in good hands when you leave for the States." she ended.

I nodded vehemently and replied. "I believe so too mom." before giving her a hug and climbing in the second floor of my childhood home to take a rest before we all enjoyed a three day stay here in my country before going home. I'm bringing my boy home and I am happy that my immediate family will get to know three of my adopted ones.

With that final thought, I laid down beside my son and closed my eyes to take a long nap, finally free of the secrets, of the burden with keeping my son from my family.

I am sorry for keeping you guys waiting. This is just a filler chapter,  next chapter our story will proceed to the chapters I am currently rewriting to fit the story better. Thanks for reading guys! I really appreciate it!

💙Trixie