Chapter Seventeen: Love hurts

Loving someone is giving them the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to. - Julianne Moore
___________________________________________

Two weeks had already passed since Tyler met my extended family, and the guys, went back on the road for the playoffs, they are currently in Pennsylvania playing against the Flyers and the Penguins.

Work had been getting tougher since I had found out that there is someone on my team messing with the final products since our tough competitors the JRMC Ltd., had produced the same output we had. I know there is a mole on my team and I do not know how I can catch them.

I sighed as I squeezed the bridge of my nose.

"Hey, you okay?" I felt AJ's presence beside me before she squeezed my shoulder, "Anything that I can help you with?" she asked concern shining on her brown irises.

I sighed and shook my head, "No, I just have to figure out who is giving our competitors my finished output." I replied knowing that I can trust the former professional wrestler.

AJ leaned against the edge of my table and pursed her lips, "Do you really believe there can be a mole on your team?" she asked.

"Yeah" I nodded "how else can the JRMC produce the same output that my team does, always, for the same product?" I asked as I cupped my head on my arms as I leaned forward thinking deeply, when I looked up both Cam and Eric have arrived.

Eric frowned at me when he saw my worried face, "What are you two talking about?" he asked curiously, "I'm thinking it's something heavy since those frown lines never appears on your face unless it is about work," he explained, "or it is finally something else, something that concerns the handsome man you are currently dating?" he ended in a teasing note. Yes, I finally came clean to my coworkers about my change in relationship status.

I shook my head as I glimpsed on the picture tacked on my cubicle, it was a picture of Tyler and Alekz, both were smiling widely as I had captured them on film midwalk, Alekz sitting on Tyler's shoulders as my boyfriend holds on to my son's hand tightly. "No, Tyler and I are okay." I confirmed

"So it's about work?" Cam asked and I nodded. "What's the problem hon?" she asked.

I sighed, "Someone is a spy, and they're on my team and I do not know how I can catch them." I replied.

My friends' eyes widened, "For sure?" Eric asked.

I nod, "Yes, I am sure" I replied as I showed them the current advertisement of JRMC Ltd that was published today before showing them the output that my team had slaved on for the past two weeks beside it.

"Fuck" Cam cursed softly as AJ gaped and Eric's jaw tightened, "and you are about to present this today right?" she asked.

I nodded eagerly, "Yes! I have a meeting with all the concerned department heads today and now I can't present this because they might think that I am copying the idea of our toughest competitor." I replied as I worried my bottom lip before I looked at my closest friends. "What do I do now?" I asked softly.

"Weed 'em out" the four of us heard the familiar drawl of Tex, I glanced at him and saw that his fists were clenced and also his very distinctive jaw, "this asshole is going to push back revenues and productions because of their stupid move; and of all the products they can sabotage it's gonna be my fuckin' baby." he hissed.

"What?" Eric asked frowning.

The product we were talking about is a compact DNA Machine that gives a 99.95% chance of matching the same DNA's immediately rather than waiting for the necessary few days that is accustomed.