Chapter Fourteen: Alekzander Scott

Today is the day that I would be introducing Tyler to my son and I am a nervous wreck. I woke up this day (Saturday) way ahead of my alarm. Cleaned my bedroom and my ensuit before climbing down the stairs and into the kitchen where I am right now cooking and baking at the same time!

"Good Morning" I absent mindedly greeted the first person who entered the kitchen as I focused on the bacon and pancakes I was cooking "breakfast will be served shortly, kindly set the table for me?" I asked without even turning around.

"Sure" a male voice replied as he opened drawers and cabinets looking for the plates and utensils. I paused when I heard him, who can this person be? We never let someone sleep overnight here in case small ears hear something that little ears shouldn't, so I turned around and gasped when I saw Miles Grant standing there! "uh, I don't know where the plates and utensils are?" he continued as he looked at me for help.

Walking towards the right cupboard, I opened it and took the correct amount of plates and handing them to him before opening the right drawer and pointing at the utensils to him before coming back to the range to make sure that the food I was cooking are not burned. "Um, if you don't mind me asking Mr Grant, but -um- what are you doing here this early?" I asked "Not that you are not welcome to our humble home" I continued.

"Joey was not feeling well last night, and instead of coming to my house to let her rest, she wanted to come home, so" he then shrugged like it was no big deal.

No big deal?! This man is the sole reason why Joey is not dating anyone, he is a jerk and a tenacious businessman and actor but when it comes to those who are tasked to take care of him, he is compassionate and caring. Now my friend is getting ridiculously confused as to all the mixed signals this guy has been sending! "Oh and you stayed?" I asked.

"Yeah, she had a high fever and was getting dizzy," he replied as he started to set the table just like I have asked. "she told me that someone would be here to take care of her but we have arrived so late that you girls were already asleep." he continued "I was about to make her a soup when I see you cooking." he ended with a smile towards me.

I swear if I wasn't with Tyler I would've swooned, but as I've said, if I WASN'T with Tyler, and since I am with him I didn't swoon when he gave that smile to me. "Well, I think pancakes and bacon would suffice." I told him as he just replied with a sharp nod.

"Do you also have tea? I think tea can settle her stomach as well before she attempts to eat breakfast" he sated after a long period of silence.

Nodding I approached our electric kettle and reheat the water and opened the drawer that was containing our teabags and opened the cupboard, "Here are the teas, can I leave you for awhile? I need to wake my son up?" I told him.

"Uh sure" he replied as he gave me another smile as he approached the drawer and started looking around. I just watched him bewildered before shrugging and climbing up the stairs once more to wake my son up.

Passing Joey's room, I stopped and decided to check on her, opening her door silently, I saw her curled around in her bed and the heavy drapes were closed so that the sunlight wouldn't come in. I looked around to see where Miles could've been sleeping when I saw the indents on the pillow beside Joey, as well as the book, reading glasses and the turned on lampshade.

Knowing that my friend needed her rest, I silently closed her door before walking towards my son's room and opening it, walking inside I sat on the edge of my child's bed and softly ran my fingers on his hair before leaning forward and laying a soft kiss on his head.

I watched as my son slowly blinked his eyes before sleepily greeting me, "Good morning Mama" before opening his arms asking for his morning hug.

"Good morning buddy" leaning forward I gave him one of my tightest hugs before turning my head and kissing his cheeks repeatedly making him giggle "so are you excited for the day?" I asked as I sat straight up pulling him with me.