Kailar - Chapter 21

Sorry it's been a while but I have been getting ready for prom, which is today :) So in honor of prom I give you lovelies another chapter <3

                                                      -DaCi

Chapter 21

Coltens's POV

Weary

It was around 6:10 PM when I made it to dinner once, I got back in, and changed.

"Evening." i greeted as I sat down beside Terra, who gave me a soft smile. Everyone smiled while Leon bowed his head and went back to his conversation.

"So how has today been so far?" Nina asked as our drinks were brought which someone ordered me a water. I was thankful from the choice considering that I didn't drink anything other than water.

"Been good, stressful doing Kailar's job but it was worth it." I replied taking a sip of my water.

"Must be way different than your pack back home." Leon butted in. Lelana leaned against him.

"Very, but my father used to help around here so I need to learn. Missing the family though."

"How is your mate doing without you there." Nina asked as our dinner was in front of us. I stilled as I felt Terra's hand on my forearm. It was a grip of comfort her Luna instincts which naturally kicked in. She looked at me in question to my shock.

"She... Died 2 years ago our pack was attacked the 1st time by a strong pack of rouges. She gave her life for a group of children who were about to be attacked. Her name was Liza short for Lizabell." I responded void of emotion. I heard Terra let out a small sigh beside me.

"I am sorry to hear, must have been hard with you being so young." Nina responded.

"Very but things get better." I lied taking a bit of the pasta on my plate. Truth is you never get over your mate you only suppress the memories, the bond is always there even if one is rejected. And when your mate, at least for me it is like constantly remembering I never had the chance to say goodbye, of tell her how much I truly loved her to the best of my ability.

'Mate, loves you too.' My wolf Coda whimpered.

"Thank you for coming though." Terra softly stated, after a short period.

"No problem, I am here to take care of you if you need me I shall be there." I responded quietly as she simply nodded. "So Nina how is your child doing?"

"Keeps kicking a lot lately, can't wait till I have him." She smiled.

"A little spit fire." Logan laughed as Lelana playfully hit his shoulder.

"It is true though." Nina responded laughing.

Julia had been silent most of the dinner which worried me and my wolf. I was slightly confused to why my wolf was starting to become on edge and very protective over wolves not in his pack.

I simply ignored the thought and went back to eating my dinner. Terra excused herself to the restroom, which Lelana went with her just in case because she requested no guards.

For desert the course was cheesecake but I ordered Terra's with blueberries instead of strawberries because Kailar warned me of the issue.

Once they came back we finished desert and headed back to our room. I escorted Terra back to her room and, made sure the guards were there for the night.

"You feel it too?" She asked sitting on the couch, while I made sure the windows were secured.

"Feel what exactly?" I questioned looking at her.

"Like something bad is about to happen, like soon..." I sighed rubbing my hands through my hair.

"Sadly, I am afraid so. I can be wrong though." I responded rubbing her shoulder before turning to leave.

"C-can... You stay. Please."She asked looking up at me.

"Of course, I'll take the couch, but you go get ready for bed I will be back in an hour." She nodded as I left.

I went back downstairs over to the compound to make sure everything was being secured, and then back to my room to take a shower and change, then made my way back to Terra's room with my things in tow.

She was asleep when I came in. I tucked the covers around her noticing how much colder she was compared to me. I laid my things on the dresser and made my bed in the couch before I went to sleep.

______________________

Aww Colt is such a caring wolfie, I think he view Terra as Liza. :(

 :(