Kailar - Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Terra's POV

Thornes

"Come on Nathan, stop." I growled, as he took another one of my cookies.

"I've been trying to get you to stop eating for the past twenty minutes, you're like a black hole where do you put it?" He relaxed back on the bed as I laid the opposite way surrounded by the food I had sent up.

"I'm eating for two, this kid is always hungry."

"Sure you're not carrying another in there because thats a lot of damn food Terra."

I dropped a cookie on the sheet once he said that. Never had I thought that maybe there could be another kid....

"No no way, no way in hell I am pushing two out that is just a no."

Nathan laughed as he reached up and took one of my cookies, and a pickle.

"Chill Terra, I was joking you're going to be fine, plus if there is two you are going to be just as great of mother." He sincerely said.

"You think? I mean I haven't actually thought about it I have been really busy thinking about Kailar, and then everything else that happened."

"Honestly I do. Look you really just need a break, Kailar too you haven't had time alone since when your wedding. I hate seeing my best friends stressed out." He picked up some paint samples that were brought to him.

"Thank you, Nathan you've been through alot also, I can't imagine the pain." I picked up the food and laid the tray on the night stand beside the bed, then laid back down.

"I'm really fine, honestly it never felt like I had a mate. The pain is still there but we never really had that bond. Julia was a closed off girl she never expressed many of her feelings, and constantly ignored me. But she made sure that everyone knew we were mates but behind closed doors she was different. What hurt even worse is that when I found out I was her mate she was seeing some other guy, actually works in the castle... She gave her all to him, and that is what hurt the most." Nathan sighed.

"Well she missed out on something good, trust me you'll get a second chance mate and she will be the luckiest girl in the world." I smiled at him.

"I'm going to spoil her so much, and take her on trips, I will do my best to make her happy, and maybe a daughter one day."

"You're going to be a great mate, Nathan."

"Thank you Terra."

We spent the rest of the night watching cartoons, ironically. I nodded off during the first one though and when I woke up Nathan was asleep also. I covered him with a blanket before I left the room, going to find Kailar.

. . . .

"About time you showed up." Kailar smiled as I gave him a kiss. He was lounging in the living room of our quarters.

"Fell asleep then tucked Nathan in."

"You make him sound like a toddler." Kailar laughed.

"In spirit he is." I sat on his lap, while he watched the news. "He is feeling better though so I am happy about that."

"I am too, thank you for taking care of my friend." Kailar rubbed my hair.

"Well he is my friend too were basically family."

"We are all he really has left."

"His parents?" I asked.

"His dad died a while ago when he was 10 from a rogue attack, and his mother lasted as long as she could for him, and his sister. She died when he was 15 from suicide it's hard to live without your mate. His sister Natalee was 12 at the time so she went to go stay with her aunt two packs over. She doesn't like to visit reminds her of her childhood. Nathan stayed with us he was basically a brother to me."

"I hate that he had to go through all of that."

"I think that's why he finds comfort in you. He finally has someone who understands him."

I gave a soft smile to him in return, because it was true and I should never feel sad because I could always talk to him or Nathan. I could use my weakness to strengthen someone else.

After we ate dinner we both got ready for bed and went into a peaceful sleep.

. . . .

"Darling wake up" I could hear Kailar's voice pulling me out of my sleep.

"Ten more minutes please." I begged cuddling into his chest.

"I already gave you ten minutes, sorry but it is almost ten, and we need to go check out the preparations for today by twelve, I've got you a visit with the doctor at two. Then you have the rest of the day to get ready for the event tonight which will start at six."

I groaned as I pulled the covers from around me and dragged myself out of the bed.

I heard Kailar laugh as he followed behind me. This was going to be a very long day...

 This was going to be a very long day