27| Deuce

Sinamahan ni Ezra si Balm sa gown fitting as a bridesmaid, and of course Noreen was there.
Ezra was sitting on the leather sofa by the shop and he pretended to be busy on his phone by reading an e-book about Medical Surgical Nursing.

" You' re pretty " Said an unfamiliar voice behind Noreen's back. It was balm, Noreen was surprised by the unusual comment from the most unexpected person to say that. " Thanks but we both agree you're prettier " Sabi ni Noreen, smiling at her.

Balm felt something heavy on her chest at napangiti nalang din sya, she gets it how Ezra loves Noreen this much that he's willing to fight for her, how she gets to be nice to Balm after everything she has done to Noreen. But, balm was sincere with her comment, Maganda nga si Noreen.

" Well, duh" Sabi ni Balm, in a joking manner. " Listen Noreen, I'm sorry sa lahat lahat and...alam ko ang nararamdaman mo ka-" Sabi ni Balm pero pinutol sya ni Noreen , saying " I don't have feelings for Ezra, you must be mistaken " Noreen said smiling trying to get away from the conversation , tinignan nya nalang reflection nya sa large mirror ng dressing room.

" We both agree that your eyes doesn't match with your words Noreen " Sabi ni Balm, walking away from Noreen and pinuntahan nya si Ezra

" Tapos ka na? " Ezra asked as he saw Balm wearing the purple long gown.

" No, I still want to walk on them, what do you think? " Asked Balm.

" Okay naman " Ezra answered, pero he got back to his phone not paying much attention to balm, but if it was Noreen.

Balm rolled her eyes, sulking she went back to the dressing room, admiring her own reflection, si Noreen naman lumabas na talking to the lady in the lounge, nagkita sila ni Ezra.

Ezra got up from the sofa at nilapitan si Noreen, nakita ito ni Balm as this was her plan, makita kung ano mangyayare at ano gagawin ni Ezra if nagkita sila ni Noreen. She was hiding between the large curtains.

" Oh kuya Ezra, Hi " Noreen smiled as if nothing's wrong , she was on her way out at hinarangan sya ni Ezra.

" Noreen, alam kong ayaw mo na tong marinig pero, this will be the last time na sasabihin ko sayo " Sabi ni Ezra.

"Alam mo naman pala eh, why can't you just let it go?" Sabi ni Noreen.

" Listen. I'll tell you everything that you want to hear..." Ezra took a deep breath " Noreen, di na kita mahal, Kakalimutan na kita ,di na kita guguluhin, di ko na pipilitin pero... hindi dahil pagod ako, dahil hindi ako napapagod, pero...para sayo, I will not love you anymore " Sabi ni Ezra.

Noreen smiled. " That's great , mutual tayo , friends? " Sabi nya lending her hand for Ezra to shake. Although, it breaks Ezra's heart , crushing it more into ashes and remains. He shook her hand. Playfully patting Ezra's shoulder after,  she left the building leaving Ezra standing there.

-

Di na kita mahal

Noreen left the building in tears, It was official.
The clock struck at 12:30 , for something that didn't even began, natapos na agad. All those memories, the night under the stars, the lessons, the stories , the goal to reach level 5, she did achieve it but , the ceremonial promotion felt like a funeral dahil ang article na nagpapromote sa kanya ay ang proposal ni Ezra. What about that time when the article was assigned to her, na susukuan na nga nya ang pag sulat about kay Ezra, as she let her prejudice come between her. What about realizing and knowing who he really is, and falling in love with his beautiful character. The metaphors, the whole clock thing, it happened.