28| Finale

She closed her eyes and she can hear ringing in her ears, is she dead?
Pero naninikip dibdib nya , she stopped breathing for a while, she's alive but Lika is down.
Lika is dead." Gale/ ATE!" It was N, Ezra and Balm.

" Kuya " Noreen ran into N's arms crying , habang si Balm tumakbo sa ate nya na pinalirigiran ng SWAT. She was crying out , yelling, sobbing holding Lika in her delicate arms, she hugged her.

Ezra went to comfort Balm, and to drag her away pero pinabayaan nya muna si Balm, but he gave her therapeutic touch.

-

N took Noreen away who was still traumatized, nakatitig lang sya sa wala while the Police clean up the place and they investigated the office and the files. It turns out Maharlika was really psychotic and wanted all the wealth by herself, wala naman kinalaman dito parents nya, they were open to business deals but they also keep their daughters in mind.

-

Everyone from Alestair witnessed it, the truth is out, and so is the lies. Ezra's name is cleared , ang nadungisan naman ang mga Go, pero katotohanan naman yun. It was devastating, this time the Go group did went on a landslide.

Noreen undergone therapy after the traumatizing event. Witnesing her older sister die, the death of her parents and another death from her sister in law. Kasama nadin ang idea of almost getting her headshot in a blink of an eye.

-

It became quiet in Alestair, Noreen was absent for a month, making up the abscences she had and continuing with the therapy, she would have insomnia and if she ever got the chance to fall asleep, she would have nightmares.

She slept next to N, begging him not to leave her side crying, she felt unsafe. N gave her a bodyguard throughout her days at school, she would only speak to Mark and Lisa, not even Aries as he reminds her about everything, putting her in this position, giving her the article in the first place. But, she can't blame Aries, he was also scared.

He knew what Lika is capable of.

And poor N, still pretending to be strong in front of Noreen, as she saw him carressing the ring on his fingers. " It's okay to cry " Sabi ni Noreen, sneaking into his office, hearing that from him soulless sister made him weak on his knees. Ano nalang kung wala syang alam, what if Aries and the producers didn't plan this whole thing through? they didn't know that she has a gun hidden on her desk like a simple toothbrush or stapler that you will normally see inside an office. He wept.

He wept and he apologized to Noreen when he has done nothing wrong, what if he couldn't save his sister, these are the things that haunt him.

His sister comforted him like two bear cubs longing for their parents ,it was the first time she saw him this broken, she wanted to cry but she ran out of tears, it was her turn to appear strong.

To be strong for N, N who almost married a sociopath.

-

Ezra on the other hand was there for balm, he thought of Noreen but, Balm needed him the most right now. He felt a sense of responsibility as he is tied with Balm but, he didn't felt any force with it, he was there as a friend.

Balm even asked him to go away as she felt like she's a burden to him, but Ezra stayed guarded her through the night, calmed her silent and loud cries, just like what he did to Noreen before.

He didn't leave her alone.

-

Ezra would seldom see Noreen and if he did, she has her head down and she'd be escorted by her bodyguard, and he'd be with Balm.

-

Four months passed.

Nag back out na si Noreen sa guild, it was a hard decision pero determinado syang umalis sa bagay na pinaka gusto nyang gawin, kahit anong pilit ng mga kaibigan nya, hindi nabago isip nya.

The damage is still there , pero umaayos na din ang aura na meron sa Alestair, Noreen can smile a bit and the idea na last day na ngayon ng classes got her smiling.

She was with Mark as they exit the school grounds happy and sharing stories about their last exams and how their grades went. Nakita nila si Balm at Ezra being escorted inside a car , napatingin si Noreen at nawala nanaman ngiti sa mukha nya, inakbayan na lang sya ni Mark.

" Tara na gale " Yaya ni Mark and they continued to Walk, ending their junior year as they set off to another chapter of their lives.

The End.