Chapter 4

Camille

It's been weeks since the incident and I don't have nightmares anymore. Tyler and I have been inseparable lately and I think he's going to ask me to finally be his girlfriend. Richard is still recovering in the hospital and everyday without him reminds me of those men. But I'm convinced it's over now and that I'm safe.

"So what are our plans for this weekend?" Tyler asks as we wrap up the workday. "What do you feel like doing?"

"I feel like taking you on a shopping spree." He smiles. I shake my head at him, "How many times do I have to say no before you get it Tyler?"

"I know I know, you don't want me spending too much money on you. But what if I already did and I can't take it back?" He asks. I turn around to face him and there's a velvet box in his hands. I gasp, "Tyler."

"Shh I know, we're not even girlfriend and boyfriend but I wanted to change that." He opens up the box and I gasp again, looking down at the silver charm bracelet. "Camille, will you be my girlfriend?"

I smile widely at him and nod, giving him a big hug. Believe it or not, we still haven't kissed, so when he looked down from my eyes to my lips, I knew that would change as well.

He lowers his head down to meet my lips as he kisses me in front of the building. We break away soon after and I smile widely, "How was that for a first kiss?" He asks.

I smile genuinely at him, he was so cute and corny. Life was going great and things couldn't get any better. But little did I know they could get worse.

-

I was walking away from the bank one evening after work when suddenly I was grabbed into a van. "No no no!" I exclaimed kicking and thrashing. The cloth went over my mouth and I was out cold.

I woke up soon after to water being splashed onto my face. "Welcome back sweet cheeks." I look around and notice I'm back to where I was taken last time. Same men and everything, "I didn't tell I swear!" I exclaim.

The man nods, "I know sweetie, that's not what you're here for."

"Then why am I here?" I ask. "The boss wants to see you." I gulp, I don't want to see him. He terrifies me, I just want to go home.

The men walk me over to a different room and open the door. The first smell I'm greeted with is the scent of marijuana and cologne. Josiah Wells is sitting in an office chair as if he's been waiting for me to wake up.

"Hello Camille."

I gulp, "Hi." I whisper out.

He pats the seat across from him, "Take a seat." The men place me in the chair and untie my hands. "Do you know why you're here?" He asks.

I shake my head, "Your boss, Richard Louie, owes me a lot of money."

I gulp, I hope Richard didn't sell me to them or something to pay his debts. "I just need information from you, do you know anything about it? Or is there anything you can tell me? Don't hold back."

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know anything." Josiah frowns, "Well it looks like I'm going to have to keep you here until you do."

My eyes widen, "But I really don't know anything! Please believe me, Richard doesn't even know my name half of the time!"

He frowns, "Then why is your name in his will?"

"What?"