Chapter 8

Camille

"Where the hell did you disappear to?" Susan asks me when I arrive to work the next day. "Emergency visit to see my brother."

"Did something happen? Is he okay?" I smile at her, "Yeah he's fine, just family stuff." I hate lying to everyone.

She nods and continues her work. Today I have to tell Tyler about what happened while I was away, and to say I was nervous would be an understatement.

When the work day ended I walked with Tyler down to the cafe we usually eat it. It was better to tell him in a public place so hopefully he won't yell at me too much.

"So you said you wanted to talk to me about something?" He asks. I nod and take a deep breath, "Yes, well something happened on my unexpected trip."

"Like what? Did you get hurt?" He asks. I shake my head, "No I um.. there was this guy." His expression changes, he looks sad and disappointed already, "You found someone else?"

I shake my head quickly, "No, not at all. I hate this guy actually." He lets out a breath of relief. "That's good to hear then."

"No Tyler, he kissed me." Tyler is quiet for a moment lost in his own thoughts. "But you don't like him or anything right?" I shake my head, "I can't stand the guy, his kiss threw me off guard."

"Did you push him off?" He asks. There it was, the big question. I didn't push him off, I let him kiss me and I don't know why. "Yeah, of course I did."

Lying whore.

Tyler smiles, "Then it's okay, you obviously don't like the guy, and you're probably never going to see him again anyway." I let out a sigh of relief, "Yeah you're right, thank you Tyler."

He smiles, "No problem, now why don't you slide over here for a proper kiss?" I blush lightly before moving to his side of the booth. He leans in and kisses me and it feels nice, but it doesn't feel the same as the other times he's kissed me. And I can't help but to compare it to my kiss with Josiah, and Josiah was a great kisser as much as I hate to it admit it.

Tyler pulls away with a smile on his face, "I've really missed you." He says as he tucks a curl behind my ear. I smile, "I missed you too Tyler."

We spent the rest of dinner talking and eating. I stayed on his side of the booth so I could lay my head on his shoulder, it was really romantic and I didn't think about Josiah till after Tyler dropped me off at home.

"So how did it go?" Rosa asks when I enter the room. I smile at the girls, "It went great, he wasn't mad."

"He wasn't?" Mitchie asks in a surprised tone. I shake my head, "Nope."

"Wow you've really got a great guy."

I smile cheekily, "I know."

I hang out with the girls a little bit before heading off to bed.

The next morning is a Saturday, the girls are off from work and so am I so we decided to have a girls night out later. But I'm spending the afternoon with Tyler at his place. It'll be my first time going to his place and I'm only a little nervous.

I get ready and put on a simple but cute outfit, a halter top and some high waisted jeans. I arrive at his condo at around 1:00 pm and knock on the door.

"Hey beautiful." He smiles opening the door for me. "Hey handsome." I flirt back. He lets me inside and shuts the door behind him. His house has a very strong bachelor pad look to it, the typical pool table, flat screen tv, she comfy couches. "Nice place." I compliment.