Chapter10: The Cat that Got All the Cream

The next day Kiro had actually invited Darell to lunch. Darell was confused he was not used to persons being nice without having some agenda but I had assured him Kiro was not capable of anything remotely evil. Except stealing my half eaten back of Skittles this morning.

At lunch I was still a little tired, Darrell had noticed especially without my daily dose of savoury goodness. I glared across at Kiro just thinking about it. When Darrell asked I'd shrugged and told him about Kiro's terrible crime. Though the fact that I was up until literally 1 this morning talking to Kiro on the phone surely played a part. That boy really knew how to keep a conversation going. He now knew my date of birth July 1st like I knew his October 12. I practically knew every detail about him from the time he dyed Mace blonde hair a ugly vomit like orange and Mace returned the favor by dying his a girly pink. He and Mace had spent an entire week going to school looking like clowns as whatever they had each used took forever to be removed. He also knew about my mom and my time in the big apple with her. It was good to have someone to talk to. Our talk kinda reminded me of my mom and I late night rambling and talking, well she'd be somewhat drukenly rambling and I'd be talking. My mom was an emotional drunk.

Kera had joined in on the conversation at the onset, but then she had left as loud music began to play. I heard her shouting out Maces name before she disconnected. I though she was hallucinating or something. Turns out she and Mace were actually neighbours.

We spent lunch chatting about mundane things, and alot of teasing comments aimed mainly at me and Darrell though Mace got a few too from Kera. I don't know why she enjoyed winding him up and he took the bait everytime. Darell was sitting close to my side space non existent while one of his arm rested around my shoulder playing with my hair.

"You smell good, he whispered so only I could hear his warm breath fanning my cheek. Like a juicy mouth watering apple." Immediately my cheeks flushed a hot pink. I shift my head slightly so my hair slightly covered my cheeks. If I was one of them sassy cheer leaders that I see in the movies I'd probably bat my eyelashes at him and ask him if he'd like a bite. Instead.

"Thanks, I say biting my lips. You too." I mumbled lamely not looking at him. He chuckles lowly a husky masculine sound and brings my chin up with his hand so I'm drowning in a calm sea of blue . He looks over my cheeks, my breath becomes ragged. I stared at his sharp masculine cheek bones as they moved refusing to look at his lips, I seriously don't want to do something irrevocably embarrassing. "I'll always enjoy making you blush," he said. It shall be a daily mission of mine" he finished letting go of my chin.

The other side of the table was completely eerily silent. In fact the entire cafeteria had gone silent, I noticed now that I wasn't distracted by a certain sea of blue. I bet everyone was staring at us but I didn't dare look but rather quickly took up the chocolate shake Darrell got me and gulped it down trying to cool my over heated cheeks while he devoured his half of my overstuffed chicken sandwich as I'd gotten a pack chips instead.

"Slow down Angel," Darrell said teasingly gently rubbing my back as I was coughing as I almost choked on the shake. I could hear chuckles coming from Kiro's side of the table. I bet he was the one laughing.

"What an ass," I thought glaring across into his mirth filled eyes.

***************

"So you got something to wear on your date already?"

I go to nod. Kiro glared at me. We had all parted ways going to opposite sides of the campus for class. Kiro and I had class on the same side of the campus, unfortunately. "Something that isn't several sizes too big and or hanging off your shoulder.

I frowned at him. "No need to exaggerate, I said, turning to glare at him, several sizes really?"

"If it makes you feel any better, you always wear some nice kicks," he says looking at my grey white skagway sneakers that gave me about two inches in height.