Queen of Love and Beauty

The tournament was finally coming to an end, which relieved Lyanna, but at the same time saddened her since she wasn't going back home, but to King's Landing.

The Stark siblings sat in the front row with the audience for one final tilt, which had the finalists of the joust, Prince Rhaegar and ser Barristan Selmy, fighting for victory before the feast to celebrate the winner and the new Queen of Love and Beauty since the title wasn't lord Whent's daughter's anymore.

Lyanna was in a confused state. She wasn't proud that Brandon got unhorsed by Rhaegar Targaryen, but she did enjoy the fact that he got humiliated just like she was on her first day.

In truth, Brandon hadn't exactly been himself the entire day. He looked preoccupied by something, and his sister could see it.
Regardless, he didn't stop hearing from her about his defeat the whole day.

"Will you stop talking about it? Aye. I lost, and so what?" he rolled his eyes.
"There you go! That's all I wanted. For you to admit defeat." Lyanna grinned.

"I'm sorry. Did he just admit defeat?" Benjen joined the mockery.
"Aye. He just did. It's crazy, isn't it?" she confirmed, her and her younger brother being on the same page for a change.

"Anyway. My money's on ser Barristan." Ned interrupted, getting a look of gratitude from Brandon.
"Well, after seeing Brandon getting his arse beaten, my money's on the prince." Benjen said, throwing an elbow at his older brother.

"How about you, Lyanna?" Ned turned to her, surprised that she didn't give her opinion.
"I don't know. Ser Barristan is more experienced, isn't he?" she shrugged, when in reality, her opinion came from pride rather than technicality.

After seeing the prince compete, there was no more doubt about his talent and skill, but the man himself was annoying and disturbing. She didn't want him to win.

Or maybe she did, deep inside, and not that she would ever admit it.

"Aye, but he's older, and slower. The prince is leaner and faster." Robert intervened after taking seat next to his childhood friend.
The storm lord had unhorsed many himself in the seven-sided melee.

With his arrival bellowed a horn to announce the beginning of the race.

Horses galloped at full speed, tourney weapons clashed against armors and shields, but one man fell off his horse, and the other didn't.
He slowed down his horse, removed his helm and shook his head to reveal the silver hair that reached his shoulders.

Rhaegar had finally won after he fought valiantly throughout the competition.
The clamoring of the crowds rose, applauding and shouting the name of their victorious prince who looked very handsome in his night-black plate armor.

The champion rode around the field to salute his admirers, then to lord Whent who waited for him and presented him with a laurel of blue winter roses on a red pillow.
It was time to crown a new queen.

The prince used his lance to pick it up and turned his horse to ride to where his wife was seated, which wasn't far from where the Starks were.

"I'm pretty sure that if Barristan had won, he would've crowded Ashara. Can't say it's different from Ned." Lyanna whispered to Bran with a giggle, still clapping her hands along with the rest of the attendees as the prince made his way to the crowd.

Brandon didn't react to what she said, and that worried her. He didn't say a word, and he didn't even look at her. His grey orbs followed the winner, but his mind clearly wandered elsewhere.