Secrets

Lyanna barely slept the night after the magical moment she'd spent with the prince.
They hadn't spent much more time afterwards since Lyanna needed to return to the keep, and Rhaegar had to return to his children, but they didn't separate before promising each other to meet again as soon as they could.

Flushed cheeks and an adorable smile hadn't left Lyanna's round face that day. If anyone had seen her after she returned to her room, they'd probably have guessed by then that it was the state of a person after their first kiss. Or perhaps it was just her being paranoid.

However, the most important thing was the secrecy. No one must know of their relationship, certainly not her brothers.

What they were doing was dangerous for both of them, and she was well aware of it, yet after being kissed by the prince, and all their meetings prior to that, there was no doubt in Lyanna's heart that she wanted to know more about him, and damned were the consequences..

The next morning, Lyanna woke up after what one could call sleeping, butterflies raiding her stomach.

She only had time to reminisce about the previous evening in her bed before Violet arrived with fresh sheets and clothes for her to wear after her bath, and being her most trusted confident and the person she spent time with the most, there was no way for her cousin not to notice the odd happy state the wolf maid was in.

"Good morning!" Lyanna said enthusiastically as she stretched her arms and back.
"You're in a rather good mood." Violet tried to hide her amusement by going straight to the back room and preparing the water for the lady.

"I am.. normal." Lyanna shrugged, biting her lip to avoid smiling.
"No, you're not." Violet objected, "You're not exactly a morning person, my lady."
"Of course I am." Lyanna cursed herself for her terrible lying ability.

"Doesn't it have anything to do with your meeting with the prince?" Violet teased, and with the smile Lyanna thought the handmaiden wouldn't be able to see, and the long silence that was placed after the question, she wasn't in need of words to answer the question.

"I knew it!" Violet reappeared in the room and ran to the lady then sat by her bedside, "I want to know everything."
"It was fine.." Lyanna stuttered before she gave into the temptation of telling everything and jumped off her bed, pacing endlessly through the room, "No. It was.. magical, like in the tales Nan used to tell me as a child. You know, the ones that I hated."

"That you secretly loved." Violet rectified.

Lyanna stopped for a moment, her eyes sparkling from love and joy.
"He.. admires me. I've denied what I feel for too long. And I admire him too. He's brave and kind.. He's an interesting man." she hummed.

"You do know that seeing him is dangerous, don't you?" Violet said after joyfully listening to the story.
"Yes, yes.. I do." Lyanna sighed then turned her gaze down before siting next to Violet again.

"You must be careful. I won't tell you to stop, because you are stubborn and it will only make you want to do it more. At least, you'll have nothing to worry about on my part." Violet said, making the lady chuckle and extend her hands to hold her cousin's with gratitude.

"Thank you, Violet. You're a good friend." Lyanna inclined her head with a smile before she puffed out air and decided to change the topic, "And what about you and Benjen?"

"What? There's nothing between.." Violet denied as she looked in every direction to avoid meeting the She-Wolf's eyes.
"Don't even try. I saw the way you look at each other. I know you, and I know my brother." Lyanna interrupted, and seeing her cousin keeping her silence, she carried on, "Do not worry. I wish you both all the happiness in the world."