Chapter 8

"His lessons start tomorrow," I told Mom as I set dinner up.

"Really? I hope he isn't being forced to do it," Mom said.

I shrugged, "He can see for himself that his grades are low, why should he be forced to do the lessons?"

"Alright. He's coming here, isn't he? He'd like-"

"No, mom. He wouldn't like anything because we wouldn't be having the lessons here."

"Why?" Mom asked.

"Because if we do, you'd go out of your way to make sure he's comfortable. First off, I don't want you stressing, then, he doesn't deserve to be comfortable in my house."

Mom chuckled as she shook her head.

"Can you imagine? He thought I wanted the lessons in his house just so I could get close to him." I said as I poured two glasses of water for me and mom.

"Well, that was expected, wasn't it? He doesn't want girls close and next thing, a girl insists on coming to his house to teach him."

"Mom, do you have to be so understanding? You're meant to be on my side," I smiled.

"I understand you, it's just that since he's doing the lessons, he's meant to come over. If I were him, I'd think so too."

"Mom!" I groaned as she laughed.

"Alright, alright." She said, still laughing. I wished this was how it'd be forever.

*

"I'm coming over by four today." I told Tanner the next day after our last class together.

"I knew that already," he said as he walked away.

I rolled my eyes behind him as I mimicked, "I knew that already," I said, making my voice deeper and giving a look of disgust.

He turned around and started walking towards me. Shit. He heard me and he was coming to cuss me out. I swallowed as I carried a fearless face and tried walking confidently and fast, he doubled his steps.

Oh no.

"Hold on. Where are you running to?" He grabbed my arm

I swallowed as I looked at him.

"I hope you're able to find your way to my house," he said as he looked at me, then walked away.

I wondered what he meant by that as I stared at his back. My eyes widened. I almost facepalmed.

I didn't know his house.

"Wait!" I said and he turned to look at me blankly,"Uh... what's the address of your house?"

"I'll leave that for you to figure out," he answered​, then walked away.

"What kind of a person are you?!" I shouted after him, but he didn't even look back, and this earned me stares.

They must think I'm mad. But, Tanner makes me mad. So mad. How does he expect me to figure out the way to his house? Did he think at all?

"What's up, chum?" Ryan's voice startled me out of my thoughts and I shook. "Easy," he laughed, "What's up?"

"I have no idea how to get to Tanner's house and the idiot told me to figure it out. How am I supposed to do that?"

Ryan laughed, "I wonder how those lessons are gonna be like for you two."

"Especially when we're both like oil and water."

"But even sometimes, oil and water do mix to create something beautiful."