Chapter 60

I stretched a little too lazily on the couch, eyes closed as I fell back into a light sleep. The night had gone so fast and it was one of the best for me. After me and Tanner's little kiss last night, I'd scurried into the bathroom, biting my lip.

The realization of wearing his shirt to sleep had made me blush. It was a T-shirt which was my body literally swam in, and a pair of black shorts he'd found in his mother's wardrobe.

I'd worn the clothes after taking a quick shower, the cool water making my muscles relax and just a few minutes later, I was asleep on the couch, the scent of Tanner's T-shirt filling my senses everytime I took a breath in.

To be honest, if I had a couch like this at home, I wouldn't even need a bed. Not hard, not soft. Just perfect, call me Goldilocks. It was just right. Very cozy, warm and I felt like I was sleeping on the clouds which made me feel at ease even as I laid on it.

Just then, I heard a loud crash on the floor and a muttered 'ah shit' following after. My eyes fluttered open immediately and I saw Tanner taking a cologne bottle from the ground.

"Hey, I'm sorry that woke you up," he apologised, his eyes meeting mine and I began to wonder, why was he in the living room with a cologne bottle? Not even that, how had the living room wall turned to a cool shade of grey and touch of mint green?  Why did the living room smell so much like Tanner? Did he just spray all that cologne in my nose? Why was I so confused?

I sat up on the couch, releasing the small pillow I seemed to be holding tightly and looked around me and I got my answers. The place smelt so much like Tanner because I was in his bedroom. I was in Tanner's bedroom. 

"H- How'd I get here?" I asked, confused as I looked at him

"Uh.. well," he rubbed the back of his neck, "It was kinda cold in the middle of the night and I didn't want you sleeping there anyway, so..." he shrugged.

"You carried me to your room," I completed for him, nodding slowly.

"Exactly," he pointed to me. "To be honest, I slept on the love seat for a minute and it was so uncomfortable, and except you wanted something to happen between us in that way, nothing did."

"Why?" The most stupid, perverted side of me asked and I instantly regretted what just left my mouth.

Tanner looked at me weirdly before letting out a chuckle, "You don't mean that."

"I'm sorry, I..." I let out a breath and started laughing at my own stupidity.

"It's okay, though. Maybe soon we could try it again and see what comes out of it," he smirked.

"Ugh, you!" I threw a small pillow at him.

"Hey, you started it," he laughed, catching the pillow instead.

God, hearing him laugh this early in the morning​ was the best thing ever.

He held the pillow, walking towards the bed before finally sitting.

"How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Good, actually. It was one of my best nights," I smiled.

"Of course, it was. You nearly squeezed my pillow to death," he smirked.

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"True, though. You were talking in your sleep but I couldn't make out the words you were saying, I only caught on 'hug' and 'Tanner'," he spoke while I looked at him in disbelief as my cheeks started to go red, "So I kinda figured you wanted a hug from me, but I didn't know if I should do it, so I gave you that pillow to hug instead," he pointed to the pillow and I followed his gaze and when I saw what he was pointing to. It was a small pillow with a letter 'T' written in a beautiful calligraphy.