Chapter 64

Merry, Merry Christmas to all of you!!
I'm sending so much love, positive vibes, joy, happiness and all the beautiful things in life to you all!
Have a wonderful day, but answer this question:

Whats your favourite Christmas movie or song?

*

I licked my lips, all hope lost by this time. I looked from Mom to Dad, both of them looking at me. I sat by mom on the bed, letting out a breath.

"Right. I'm all ears," I said, not actually ready to listen to what she had to say.

Mom looked at Dad and they both nodded before looking at me.

"Well, uh," mom cleared her throat, "Y- your dad and I have talked things through, and we just thought we had to be realistic , you know. I mean," she looked at me and my eyes were starting to tear up. I sniffed, urging her to go on and she nodded, swallowing, "He did leave us. . . and things were so hard, but, we've decided to stay together."

I literally flew up from the bed, my eyes widening, "Really?"

Words couldn't describe how excited I was just with the news. I'd been worried about nothing, but then, I couldn't really be blamed. Anybody would have been scared.

Mom closed her eyes, "Look, baby, I know it's gonna be a hard pill to swallow, but-" she started to say, while dad's eyes were on me, pleading with me.

"No, you don't get it." I smiled. "I am happy!"

I saw dad close his eyes as he let out a breath of relief.

"Finally! We can be together again. I don't always have to go to Spain. Things wouldn't be so hard for us anymore," I looked up at dad, "Right?"

"Yes, baby," Dad smiled and I jumped, pumping my fist in the air, causing mom to let out a laugh.

"I- I'm sorry for messing up," Dad said quietly, moving close to mom and motioning for me to move closer. I took a step forward, moving go the bed and sitting so I could face Dad.

"I regret my actions and I'm willing to make it up to you," he looked from me to Mom, "I'll- I'll make up for lost times, and be a better husband and dad."

I grinned like an idiot, watching my parents look at each other. "Family hug," we came together, throwing our arms around each other. We stayed that way just for a few seconds before the door opened.

"I- I'm so sorry for barging in, there's just this totally creepy nurse just out in the hallway," Tanner said, taking his hand to the back of his neck, trying to make eye contact with everyone in the room.

Mom threw her head back, chuckling, "That's fine. I think I know the nurse you're talking about."

"Yeah? She's got practically no hair, and large eyeballs, right?" Tanner asked, still standing, looking terrified.

"Yeah," mom nodded, "And a mole by the side of her face."

"Goodness gracious, thank God I didn't see that," he rolled his eyes before they landed on me and I gave him a small wave.

He looked at dad, "Hello, sir."

"Hey there," dad smiled. "You are?"

"Tanner," he nodded. "Tanner McCann."

"Great, nice to meet you, Tanner," dad waved.

"Just in case you're wondering who he really is, he and Mackenzie have something—" Mom started.