M A C K E N Z I E

It was a morning, not sunny or cold, just a morning where I sat alone in the living room, the environment extremely quiet and a notepad in my hand, thinking about how to promote my book, 'He Made Me', a fan fiction which I started working on since April. And then, the thought came to me, 'Why don't you write what people are really interested in, not everyone knows or likes Trevor Jackson, write a teen fiction! One anyone can relate to!'
And that's how I thought of Mackenzie.

Immediately, I put my pen to my notepad and started writing, not the storyline, but the names of the characters. After that, I started with a storyline. I didn't want something everyone would really and get tired of. I didn't want a cliché story, so to say, because that's a turnoff to some readers in general. After I got the storyline established, I told a close friend, a girl who has always been reading my stories and uncompleted books since high school, _tisee. She felt 'Mackenzie' was a good idea and satisfied that she was behind me, I got started.

The experience ​I had writing 'Mackenzie' was filled with a lot. Days of satisfaction, knowing that the readers would love a chapter. Days of irritation, thinking that a chapter wasn't good enough, days of laziness when I'd have something to write but I didn't feel like writing. Days of being blank, when I had no idea what to write. Days when I'll be up till 5am because I have to update.

I had every intention of writing 'Mackenzie' alone, but as time went on, I realised I couldn't, and so I used a lot of help from people.

I enjoyed writing this book. I fell in love with all my characters. ALL, including Chanel... Or Lenore, or even Darren. You might wonder why. I'll tell you. Because they were all a product from my own imagination. They all came from my mind and the best thing about being a writer is the ability to firm your own character, control that character, make him or her do whatever you want, they're literally working for you, and that was why I was extremely pleased when readers were fighting for Tanner.. or Ryan! I even had a reader on Team Darren.

I had people shipping Mackenzie and Tanner, people shipping Bambi and Jesse, I had people rooting for Mackenzie, feeling her pain... Even crying. And may I add, that these guys were just fictional.

The ride has been fun, sincerely. And I thank you readers so much. You're all amazing, awesome, beautiful, supportive. Your comments and votes and kept me going and I wouldn't have been encouraged if not for you guys. The messages, everything! I appreciate you guys a lot and I'll like to thank you guys specially.

Instagram: ifeoluwanimi.a 
Twitter: lolalovessprite

Stay tuned to this book, there are a few chapters left with important stuff in them!

Love,
Lola❤