wang wook - my final wish pt. 1

(don't get me wrong, i love lady hae, but for the sake of this one shot, let's pretend you "took" her place.)

"Wang Wook," you said, crossing your arms over your chest. The younger prince, only by a year, mind you, princess, quickly looked up. He tilted his head slightly in confusion. "What is this supposed to mean?" You held up a piece of parchment, the symbols reading out 'The swan has caught the fish.'

Wook looked at you for a moment before he grinned. "Oh. I was just helping Haesoo. After she fell and all, she forgot how to read-"

"Wang Wook, you are my husband," you softly pouted. "You need to be with me and not with Lady Haesoo." He got to his feet, smiling a bit.

"You do not need to worry, my wife. I will be loyal to you, do not worry," he told you. You wanted terribly to believe the man. You knew you could not. Wang Wook would go back to helping Haesoo, making her believe that he cared for her deeply. You knew he did not really love you. You just never wanted to admit it.

~

You took a deep breath as you stood outside on the staircase, staring out at the courtyard. From the corner of your eye, you could see Haesoo and your Wook together once again. You felt a pang in your heart; it was too late for you to pull Wook away from the woman. You, however, would make no move to stop him. He obviously did not love you; it was only right for you to grant Wook all of his heart's desire. You hated every fiber of your being for letting him, but it was only fair, was it not? He was forced to marry a woman he knew he would never find the time for. Now, that woman was here; the king would most likely allow the wedding . . . and that was fine by you.

You closed your eyes before turning back and walking to your bedroom. It would be okay. Everything would turn out well in the end, as Wook had told you time and time before. But at the moment, you could not see what was going to end up being okay - you could not see what was going to be alright. You knew it would not end up well, for you anyways.  You also knew you would never be okay with the situation at hand. But he was the man so you kept your mouth shut.

When you found out you were pregnant, you also kept your mouth shut. Wook ended up marrying Haesoo. You welcomed her with a joyful smile though you felt like your insides were being torn up. And when you found yourself sick and ill, with a fully-rounded pregnant belly, Haesoo was by your bed. Not Wook. Wook was out and about because he could hardly handle the fact his first wife lied about her pregnancy and now she was sick because she did not bother to ask for a doctor to help her. But you were happy.

"Haesoo, if I die, I want you to promise me something," you softly said, gently taking hold of the woman's hand. Haesoo immediately nodding, brushing the hair from your sweaty forehead.

"What is it?" she softly asked, frowning softly. "What can I promise you?"

"Take care of him. And if my baby is okay, take care of them as well . . . I trust you will do what is right," you struggled to give the woman a smile.

Haesoo deeply frowned at you. "You're not going to die . . . Wook loves you very much. You can't die."

"Haesoo," you softly said. "I knew this from the day I met you. Wook didn't love me. He looked at you with a little twinkle in his eye. Something he never had for me. He loves you so much, Haesoo. Please keep him healthy. For me. And my baby if they are alright. This is my final wish . . . please just grant it."

Haesoo nodded slightly before she pulled you into a soft hug. "I will," she softly said. "I promise."

"Good," you took a deep breath, giving her a weak smile. It was getting harder to breathe. "Good. Thank you, Haesoo . . . I will watch over the two of you. I promise . . . I promise." Haesoo gently stroked your hand. "If he asks, please tell him that I loved him," you said and began to make yourself comfortable in your bed. The woman who took your husband from you was the only one there to comfort you. You silently forgave her in your head, gently squeezing her hand with what life you had left; when your hand fell, Haesoo silently moved to completely shut your eyes. She pressed a soft kiss to your forehead as a goodbye before she looked down at you. She thought about what you had said. 'Wook didn't love me. He looked at you with a little twinkle in his eye.' She closed her eyes and got to her feet. She did not fully understand . . . but she knew you died loving Wook with every last bit of your soul. She knew you loved him even when you knew he could not bother to love you back.

(if requested, i might just do a second part on response to how wook acted.)

(word count: 918)