wang moo - death

As Crown Prince, Wang Moo could have anything he wanted whenever he wanted.  And when he told you he wanted you, of course, you obliged.  You would be Queen, and this prospect made your family automatically want you to marry him.  So of course, even if you decided that you did not want to marry him, you would have had to.  Wang Moo always kept a close eye on you, not that you minded.  It actually made you feel wanted by him.

Wang Moo let out a soft sigh as he walked over to you.  "Y/n," he softly said.  Your head turned in his direction and you gave your husband a soft smile.  

"Yes, my prince?" you got to your feet, bowing slightly to the man.  He gave you a look of concern before he spoke.

"It is my father," he took a deep breath, frowning softly.  "He was found dead this morning . . ."

Your eyes widened as you gently took his hands.  "What?  Oh . . . oh, no, my love, I am so sorry," you gently rubbed his hands before you pulled him into a close hug.  Moo stood still for a moment before he tightly wrapped his arms around your frail body.  He buried his face in your hair, taking a deep breath as he began to let his emotions out.  Losing a parent so suddenly was tough - you knew what it would do.  But you stayed by your prince's side, not daring to let him be on his own.

~

Months later, the news brought tears to your eyes - your husband was dead.  Wang Moo was dead and you had not been there in his final hours.  You were a mess and when Yo stepped up to take the throne, your sadness only increased.  Yo forced you to become his wife - he hardly even cared that you were still grieving about Wang Moo.  Yo was terrible to you - with Moo's death, it only seemed worse.  

Every night you prayed to the gods for forgiveness on whatever you had done - you prayed that Moo would come back and save you, even though you knew that was nowhere near possible.  You would never have him again and Yo made sure you, his Queen, knew that.  Wang Moo was dead and there was not a thing you could do about it.

(word count: 399)