wang wook - my final wish pt. 2

The prince was a mess.  He could not eat.  He could barely close his eyes for a little bit of sleep - he could hardly look at Haesoo.  When you died, he hardly reacted.  But now, weeks later, it seemed as if the world came crashing down on him.  He could not bring himself to even look at Haesoo - when you died, so did his child; so did his soul.  

Haesoo did as you had asked.  She made sure he got what he needed.  She still loved him with all her heart.

Haesoo led Wook down the hall.  "Wook, we should go and visit Y/n-"

"No!" he exclaimed, frowning deeply at Haesoo.  "I do not wish to.  If I did . . . I would not be able to hold myself together," he told her.  His face was pale with fear as he thought of you.  Haesoo pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Very well, my love.  Just know that . . . Y/n loved you until her very last breath.  Please do not hurt yourself.  I know that it hurts, my prince, but Y/n would not want you to be sad.  She would want you to remember her for the good she was . . . not the bad memories you harbor."

Wook looked up at Haesoo and softly frowned.  After a minute, he looked away.  Haesoo let out a soft sigh, shaking her head.  She led Wook into their bedroom, her hands gently rubbing over his.  The man obviously did not want to forget - he did you wrong.  You loved him with all your heart but he did not realize that he loved you until you were dead.  He did not bother to open his heart until it was too late.  

(word count: 296)