wang jung - all grown up

It was not a surprise to you how handsome Jung was - he was even more handsome than you had remembered him being on your last visit to the palace.  But Jung did not seem to acknowledge you.  As you walked past the prince, he made no move to stop you.  He never even looked at you.  You could practically feel your heart breaking - where was the prince who used to stop you and force you to walk with him instead?  Where was the prince who used to always smile when he saw you?

You let out a soft sigh, running a hand through your hair right before your court lady began to fix it.  You only stared at the mirror sitting right in front of you.  "Dohee," you softly said to your court lady.  She glanced up in response.  "Have I done something to offend Prince Jung?"

"My lady, I do not know.  I am not allowed to know such things, as requested by your father," she replied, fixing your hair up into its usual style.  "I am sure if you talked to the prince he would tell you what is on his mind.  Prince Jung has always been fond of you."

You gave a soft hum in response, closing your eyes as you thought to yourself.  Dohee had made a good point.

"My lady, I am all done.  I do believe Jung is right outside your door," Dohee whispered.  You looked up at her and nodded, getting to your feet.  "He just knocked.  Shall I get it or will you?"

"I will," you replied.  "Go and take yourself a little break."  

You walked towards the door and opened it, seeing Jung stand there.  He stood with his head held high.  

"Y/n, I wish to speak with you."  He glanced towards your court lady before he laid his eyes on you.  "About us."

"What about us, my prince?" you asked in confusion.

"I do not have time for silly games anymore.  I am a man.  And as a man, I need a woman.  I have talked to my father about it and he has agreed to let you be my wife," Jung told you.  You furrowed your eyebrows at the man.  "I want you to be my wife, Y/n."

"You have ignored me all this time and now you want my hand in marriage?" you looked at him closely.  "Yah.  What happened to my Jung?  The one who would ask before wanting to anything as crazy as this."  A frown graced both of your lips.

"I apologize for ignoring you.  But I have been waiting to ask you for some time now.  I wish for you to become my wife.  That is all I ask of you and you know I have never asked for much," he said.

You thought for a moment, a soft sigh escaping your lips.  "Jung-ah, you have changed.  I do not know if it is for the better or for the worse," you replied, not giving him a straight answer.

He tilted his head.  "Is that a yes to my proposal?"

"It was a terrible proposal.  You haven't even brought me flowers," you shook your head before you pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.  "I will only marry you if you act like your old self again."

"I cannot promise that.  The king expects much out of me.  But for you, I will try my best," he said.  You cracked a soft smile in response, knowing your doubts about the man were all for nothing.

(word count: 593)