wang baekah - you're beautiful

It was a quiet, peaceful day; nothing could go wrong for you.  It was the morning of your marriage to Wang Moo - something you did not want to happen but you were in no place to stop it. Your best friend, Wang Baekah, was the younger brother of your husband-to-be.  He hated himself for not telling his father he wanted to be with you.  He did not want his brother holding you close at night; he wanted to be the person kissing you on the cheek when he greeted you.  He wanted it to be him.  

Looking up from your wedding gowns, your attention was averted to the sliding door.  Baekah poked his head in and he smiled over at you, walking in without an invite; not that he needed one.  He walked over to you, his smile faltering.  He was unsure if he could allow this to happen. You tilted your head at him, the jewels in your hair twinkling in the light.

"Y/n," he softly smiled, pressing a soft kiss to your makeup coated cheek.  "You know, it is never too late.  I can tell my brother I want you instead . . ."  You furrowed your eyes at the man in confusion.

"Where is this coming from, your highness?  I did not think you wanted to be married-"

"Not to just any person, Y/n.  I want you.  Let the gods send mercy on me.  You are so beautiful, Y/n.  You do not compare to Moo.  So much better," the man said, fearing tears were creasing in his eyes.  He pressed a soft kiss to your forehead.  "I am so sorry I let you go on with this . .  . I do believe it is too late to stop it," he whispered.  You looked up at the man for a moment, gently squeezing his hand before you hugged him.

"In another life, Baekah.  I will forever be yours," you said with a pain well-hidden in your calm voice.  "But for now . . . I must prepare for my wedding.  You will be there?" you looked up at the man.  

Baekah took a deep breath before he nodded, "I would not dare to miss it."

(word count: 369)