three

"Sawyer Paige get your ass out here." Sarah yelled at me through the dressing room.

"It's all wrong. The color looks bad on me." I stepped out of the dressing room in a beautiful yellow dress that looked atrocious on me. Aiden tell her."

"Mom, it's bad." Aiden handed me a dress bag "Try this one it's much more you and a lot less my mother."

I turned back to the dressing room and unzipped a burgundy dress that was perfectly simple. The V neck was quite low and it had thin straps but it was perfect.

I stepped out of the yellow dress before stepping into the burgundy one. I looked in the mirror and immediately knew it was the one I wanted. I stepped out and Sarah gasped.

"Yes! That's the one. Graham is gonna be jealous that his little brother gets to take you and he doesn't." Aiden threw an arm over my shoulder.

"Sometimes it pays to not be the Alpha."

Aiden is Graham's brother who turned 16 about a month back. We were always closer in age but Graham and I have always had an unbreakable bond. For years everyone thought we would be mates but I hope not. Don't get me wrong Graham is great for so many reasons but I need my best friend to be separate from my mate.

Tomorrow there is a ball that all Alphas and Beta's have to go to. Since I haven't turned 18 I haven't been able to get the position but I am next in line meaning I'm expected there. I skipped the last two years but Sarah told me that it is important for me to be there. Even though I plan to give our packs Delta my Beta position it hasn't officially been transferred so I am still considered Beta.

The ball is to celebrate and bring together the four nearby packs. All four Alphas decide who from their packs they choose to invite and it is usually given to those high in ranks, warriors, and as a reward for some.

Graham can't take me as a date because as an unmated Alpha he is supposed to search for his mate in a formal setting.

As soon as we got back to the house I ate and got ready for bed.

I woke up at 6 and got ready for training at 7. Sarah made breakfast for everyone meaning she had been up for at least an hour.

I ate quickly and made my way over to the training grounds. The weather was good so I was sure we would train outside today. Sarah had told me I should skip training today in case I get hurt but I couldn't skip.

I started my stretches long before everyone else was there. It was mandatory for warriors to train every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. All pack members can attend whenever they would like if they want to get some training.

Once training was over is when the preparation for the ball began. It was 9:00 am meaning we had 10 hours until the ball began. I took a shower and put on a simple t-shirt and shorts before going back to the kitchen. I ate the lunch that the ladies prepared during training before rushed to my room to start getting ready.

I was sat at my vanity by Sarah and another older woman.

"We have 9 hours to get you ready and get to the party. The drive there is about three hours and it will take us about thirty minutes to get pictures and leave. So we have 5 and a half hours to get both of us ready and downstairs."

I nodded as the other woman grabbed a hair dryer and began drying my hair. After about an hour she had my hair completely dried and in big curls. She somehow managed to get all the frizz gone and my hair looked perfect.

The lady then began on Sarah's hair but it only took her thirty minutes because Sarah had much shorter hair than me.

The lady left and we were down to 4 hours. Sarah called someone on her phone and not long after a girl around Graham's age came in and did my makeup, then Sarah's.