thirteen

That night Kaden took me back to my house so that I could begin getting ready to move my things. When I walked in Aiden was on his way out wearing his leather jacket.

"You decided to come home?"

I hugged him tight because the thought of not living with him anymore was scary. Since I lost my parents I have always had two boys that I call my brothers at my side. I have Kaden now and I know he will protect me no matter what but this is still going to be a big change.

"Are you going out?" Aiden nodded proudly.

"I have a date with Kayla tonight. Graham told me you're moving out soon so if you want me to cancel I can." My eyes began to tear up at the thought of him dropping everything for me again.

"No, you go have fun. Even after I move I won't be that far away plus I'll be living with your girlfriend." Aiden pulled me back into a hug.

"I love you, Sawyer."

"I love you too Aiden."

I watched as my little brother walked away and a tear fell down my face. I wasn't sad, the opposite actually. Two years ago I was convinced that my life had fallen apart and that I'd never be happy again. But as I stand here today I realize that I did lose my parents but I still have a family, I'm still loved, and I am happy.

I walked up to Grahams' bedroom and knocked softly hoping he would be home. A second later he opened his door and smiled at me.

"I was going to start going through and packing my things. Could I borrow you for some help?" Graham's smiled widened.

"You're going to need some help with all of the crap you have." We both laughed and made our way to my bedroom.

Before getting started we had to retrieve boxes from the basement which was an adventure on its own.

"Remind me to have one of the older kids organize this crap down here." I laughed at Graham as he fell from trying to hop over stuff. He gives the orphans in the packhouse money for doing chores and small jobs for him but he treats them with great respect.

When we got up to my room we set up one box for keeping and one box for donating and then we had a trashcan for anything that just needs to go. We started with my clothes which mostly consisted of me doing all the work and Graham talking his head off.

That's how most of the night went but I was happy to have his company. When it was all done with I had about ten boxes to take with me, six boxes to donate, and two bags of trash. I had decided that I would use my stuff to donate to help reopen the orphanage in Kaden's pack. Graham told me that I could keep those boxes in my room at his house until I was ready for them.

When we were done we both just laid on my floor staring at the ceiling.

"Do you still hate Kaden?"

"Not anymore. No matter how bad I wanted to I couldn't ignore how happy he made you before either of you knew you were mates.  Then on your birthday, I could see the hurt on his face when he realized you were in pain. I knew he was your mate because he walked into the house with tears in his eyes."

I was happy that Graham was happy for me and that he realized how important Kaden is to me. Graham was my rock for so many years but as we get older Kaden will be my rock so that Graham can find his girl.

Graham and I both fell asleep laying on my bedroom floor just like when we were kids. We were woken up by knocking at my door.

"Come in." I looked up to see Jason.

"Alpha we have a problem." Graham shot up and ran a hand through his hair.

"Talk to me, Jason."

"There were two more rouges seen at the border this morning. The Rouge Alpha is demanding war against our pack and Kaden's." The information clouded my vision and all I could focus on was war. Why would the Rouge Alpha want war against Kaden and Graham? What did they do?

"Okay. Sawyer take a shower and get ready for a meeting. Jason call Kaden and have him come here and tell him to bring his father and Beta. I'm going to set up an emergency pack meeting because on the chance war does break out I'm going to need Jason to officially be my Beta. We will perform the ceremony tonight."

All I could do was nod my head before I made my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower before putting on a white flowy blouse with black slacks and my black heels. I had to be dressed business casual for both the meeting and the ceremony tonight.

I put on light natural-looking makeup with soft pink lipstick. I curled my hair into loose curls and made my way down to Grahams' office. As I knocked on the door I picked up on Kaden's scent and couldn't help but smile.

Jason opened the door for me and I took a few steps in. I saw Kaden and his Father standing with a boy with light blonde hair and brown eyes. Graham looked beyond stressed but my eyes kept drifting to Kaden whose eyes were raking up and down my body. Usually, I would shy away but I was loving the attention. The boy I didn't know stepped forward and stuck a hand for me to shake.

"You must be Sawyer, I'm Jordan Jones aka future Beta, aka Kaden's best friend, aka the best man at your wedding." Alexander pulled Jordan away from me as Kaden began to growl. Aaron came in next and gave me a hug and a kiss on the head before starting the meeting. He shook everyone's hand before we sat around a table.

"Thank you for joining us on such short notice Alpha. We received a threat against both of our packs this morning."

"We will do anything to help out." Graham looked like he couldn't contain his thoughts anymore.

"Graham?" I pulled him from his trance and I noticed his Alpha instincts kick in and he took control of the meeting.

"A rouge was caught on the border this morning and said the Rouge king is going to declare war on our two packs. The only way we can defeat him is if we join forces and take him down together." All the men looked focused and I was suddenly very curious as to why I was here.

"I don't want to start a war but if he begins attacking either of our packs I won't stand by. I won't let my pack be taken out and I won't allow your pack to either. I want to know that I am sending my baby sister to a safe secure place." Kaden nodded and I felt him grab my hand under the table. I interlaced our fingers and gave his hand a squeeze. Another voice spoke up but this time it was Jordan which surprised us all.

"Alpha Graham, we will protect Sawyer at all cost. She is going to be our Luna." Kaden nodded to his friend and you could see the gratitude on his face.

"Tell us what needs to be done to prepare," Kaden spoke up and I could hear the Alpha in his voice and I felt proud.

"Going into war I need Jason to officially be my Beta. We're moving the ceremony tonight." I felt a feeling of sadness wash over me and I suddenly felt like my father would be disappointed in me. Everyone nodded knowing the plan. All that was left was to inform both packs of the possibility of war and make sure everyone is prepared.

The meeting was ended and I knew that I had to prepare for the ceremony tonight. But I wasn't sure if I was ready to walk away from it even though I have no choice.

A/N

So the beta ceremony is being moved up a lot. Comment what you think this war has to do with.

This chapter is dedicated @harryshickey who wrote Daddy Issues. This book at first seems a little out there but it has such a beautiful story that I promise you won't regret reading. This book reminded me of why I started reading and then writing in the first place and it deserves the most praise out there.

My goal for reads in the last five days was 21 which I didn't get but I still got 16 which is great! I want to try to get 21 more reads in the next five days so read, vote, and tell your friends!

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading XOXO