sixteen

Alexander walked up to me and asked if he could speak to me in his office. I nodded and Kaden followed which led to Alexander clarifying that he meant alone.

We walked and didn't talk until we reached his office. Alexander sat at his desk and I sat across from him slightly nervous.

"Sawyer I want to talk about your speech."

"Alpha if I said something inappropriate or out of turn I apologize."

Alpha Alexander is a very intimidating man. My father used to talk highly of him and his ways.

"Sawyer your speech was very good especially considering the fact that you didn't really prepare for it. You took a very different approach to speak about war than I would have."

My hands were shaking a little and I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I usually don't get nervous but I wanted Kaden's family to love me and I was really scared of screwing it up.

"My father always told me to keep everyone from panicking. To tell them that everything was going to be okay and not to worry. But when you spoke today it made me realize that the saying 'ignorance is bliss' is absolute bullshit."

We both laughed at his comment but quickly got back to the topic.

"I watched my pack members as you spoke and they all looked empowered when you were finished and I've never seen such respect to an outsider before. To them, you are just an outsider that they have to get used to but to me, you were a pack member and family the day that my son fell in love."

A tear fell from my eye but I quickly wiped it away. "Don't let them see you when you're weak. Your soldiers need to see you strong."

Alexander looked up at me surprised "My father used to say that."

"Alpha Jeffery was an amazing Alpha. He was also an amazing man in general, my father looked up to him. Having him around growing up was a pleasure, I miss him every day."

I smiled at the memory of the man that was the closest thing to a grandparent that I had. I knew who Jeffery was but I was never close with any of his other family so once he passed all I had to remember him bye was what I could remember.

"I forgot how close he was with your family. Does Kaden know?" I shook my head. I hadn't told Kaden about my relationship with his grandfather because I wasn't sure how to. Alexander just nodded and went back to the original topic.

"This pack needs you Sawyer and I'm not just saying that to boost your confidence. The reason I say that is because you have already looked for a way to improve this pack and it's something that should've been done a long time ago. You are the perfect amount of strong and motherly. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change a single thing about my wife if I had the chance but knowing that you will be able to protect yourself if the time came is something that I've never had with my mate. You can provide so many things that a lot of Luna's cannot because you've grown up around the hard part of being an Alpha.

You know the ins and outs of being an Alpha so you are already prepared for what is to come. The good, the bad, and the ugly and I know that you'll be there for Kaden in every way possible. I can see that motherly instinct in you every time Aiden goes to do something that's not the smartest or when Kaden wants to give up on his schoolwork because it's hard. I've watched you at group training over the years and you are an amazing fighter and from the little time we have had together I can see that the fight runs deep in your veins.

I'm so sorry about your parents and I know that my father's passing was hard on you. I saw you in the back holding a daisy waiting for everyone to leave so that you could be with him alone. He always hoped you two would-be mates and I never understood until now."

Alexander stood up so I did too. I watched as he walked to the door and put his hand on the doorknob but didn't open it.

"Just be yourself, Sawyer. Even if you don't see your potential I do and so do the pack members."

I nodded and walked out of his office and decided to go find Kaden. When I found him he was sitting in the garden on a swing. He was looking towards the ground so I wrapped my arms around him.

Kaden stood and grabbed my hand pulling in a different direction. When he finally stopped we were on a far side of the pack land.

"What are we doing here?"

I could barely get my sentence out before Kaden had me pushed against a tree with his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. If he wanted to be spontaneous I would be.

I bit Kaden's bottom lip as I put my hands in his hair. I heard him growl and it made me smile into his kiss. Kaden took a step back so I thought he was done but it was only to give him room to pick me up.

My dress was already short so when he picked me up and wrapped my legs around his torso it left very little material between us. His kisses became hungrier and more urgent and I hated to admit that I wanted more.

Kaden's hands were inching incredibly close to my butt and it wasn't going unnoticed. I pulled away from his lips and we were both out of breath. He started to apologize but I stopped him

"I want to Kaden just not here or right now." He nodded and sat me down gently before kissing my forehead gently.

We walked back to the packhouse holding hands and talking. We took our time and Kaden told me that he was proud of me for how confidently I spoke today. He said my speech was exactly what everyone needed to hear. 

I told him about what his father and I spoke about but I left out the parts about Jeffery. I wasn't sure if he knew of the relationship we had and I wasn't ready to talk about him just yet.

A/N

It got hot and heavy there for a second woof. I'm probably going to not write in the Rated R things but if by the grace of god this book gets super popular and people ask for it I may make a separate book for the explicit chapters.

This chapter is dedicated to @JasmineAMiller who wrote Baking with a Rockstar and One Short Summer. I am currently reading Baking with a Rockstar and I have already read One Short Summer (These books go together but I accidently read them out of order like a moron). One Short Summer was an amazing book with an amazing story line that I definitely think people should check out along with her many other stories she has on Wattpad.

I didn't quite meet my goal for reads but I still got 19 which is awesome. I'm hoping to get 22 more reads in the next five days so don't forget to read, vote, and share with your friends.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading XOXO