Revised: Meeting him

I looked down at the broken pieces of glass on the floor. Moments before it had been a beautiful vase and now it laid broken, just like me. You always hear stories about the father turning evil and cruel after the mother dies and leaves their only child alone to suffer with him, such a typical stupid cliché, something that I never thought would be my life.

I was able to dodge the vase that my father had thrown at me, I had gotten pretty good at that throughout the years.

Throw a fucking object at me again and I'll stuff it down your throat.

"Pick up the pieces bitch." He spits at me then walks out of the room as if nothing had happened. Sure, I'm nineteen I could move out but my mom had left a fund for me for when I turn 20 and my father is making me stay in the house until then. If I leave then no fund.

I slipped on a pair of jeans and t-shirt, not too concerned about what I looked like. I was meeting up with Tris, my bestfriend at a bar to have a few drinks and vent about life. Just as I'm walking out my bedroom door my father comes into my view with an evil sneer.

"We are having guests over for dinner tomorrow."

I scrunch my face up at his words, we never have guests over. "Why?"

His lips turn up into a grin, "To discuss your engagement."

This time I let out a loud chuckle at his words, "My engagement?" I say in-between laughs

"Yes." His face is stern showing no signs of humor and I quickly sober up at his words.

"Fuck you." I mutter before pushing past him and walking quickly down the hall to the stairs. He follows after, "You are to marry Colton Brooks."

"And who the fuck would that be?! Some trucker?" I turn furiously around to glare at him and his hand goes up to hit me before reluctantly going back to his side, "you're lucky theirs a dinner tomorrow." He mutters.

I knew he didn't want people to see me with a bruised face.

"Grey, I need the money. The company will shut down if I don't partner with Dalton Brooks company. He'll only agree if you'll marry his son."

"What makes you think I'm going to marry someone just for you?! You've been a horrible father."

His eyes turn furious at my words, "I have given you everything you ever needed and this is how you repay me?" He lets out a cold laugh, "If you don't marry this boy than I will never give you your fund, I'll strip you of everything and I'll take you to a psych ward where I'll make sure they dope you up so bad you won't even be able to comprehend your own name!"

I glare at him, knowing that he'd follow through with everything he just said. "What times the dinner?" I ask defeated.

"6:00 and wear a dress, nothing to slutty."

I turn and walk away from him

"Dick." I mumble out before walking down the stairs and out the door where Tris is waiting for me in her car.

I open the door and climb into the passenger seat. Tris looks cheerfully at me but then frowns "What's up with the bitch face?"

"I'm going to need a drink before I start." I hold up my fake id and she gives me a knowing grin.

"So tell me everything." Tris says while sitting herself on a barstool and motioning to the bartender for two drinks.

"So basically my dad is marrying me off to save his company." I huff out.

"Ew honey, please tell me it's not to some old rich white man." She says before taking a sip from her drink.

I grab the shot of whiskey and shoot it down before giving her a shrug, "Honestly I have no idea, I just know his name, Colton Brooks." As soon as I said his name her eyes widened and she began to shake from excitement. "Ok, so do you want me to fangirl first or be a supportive bestfriend first?"

I sigh before motioning the bartender to give me another shot. "Fangirl then bestfriend" I barely manage to get out before she starts chatting fast, "Colton Brooks is like, thee hottest bachelor right now. All the girls are over him and you, my friend, will have him all to yourself." She continues to rant on about him and I continue to ask for more shots.

"I heard he's got a nice package too." She whispers and I choke on my whiskey "TRIS!" I whisper yell at her.

"Just saying there will be no problems in that part of the marriage."

"OK, umm when is the supportive bestfriend part coming?"

"Your fathers a bastard for doing that to you. You are an independent women who gets shit done. You need no mans and should show him he has no control over you." She says sternly and I try not to laugh at how serious she is.

I take another shot of whiskey and she just stares at me, "Girl, how do you do that? It's like alcohol doesn't affect you."

"These days it's like medicine to my brain." I tap my forehead.

"Yeah well, we should get going before you become even more of an alcoholic." She lays some cash on the table and so do I to cover my drinks.

"Yeah you're probably right." I stand up and can already feel the buzz. "I got to use the bathroom real quick. I'll meet you out at the car when I'm done."

She nods her head as she fishes in her purse for her keys.

When I'm done in the bathroom I walk out and turn to say goodbye to the bartender, I end up bumping into someone and I fall.

Goddamn Grey you're so clumsy

A warm pair of hands wrap around my arm and strongly lift me up. I look up to thank the person but am stunned mute when I see the mysterious man's eyes, gorgeous green like apples. They look so warm and inviting and his smile...god his smile. I watch his lips move, forming words looking at me for an answer.

"Umm...sorry what?"

"Watch where you're going." He says sternly and I notice the harsh line of his jaw and furrowed brows.

I tug my arm out of his grasp, "Douche." I growl before walking past him and towards Tris's car.

I haven't gotten out of bed for the whole day. I've just been watching Netflix and eating chips. It's almost 5:30 and I'm still in my pajamas and dinner with my future "Fiancé" is at six o'clock. I get up and go to my closet.

Wear a dress is what my father wants me to do but screw him. I grab a comfy crop top and sweats before heading downstairs to read while I wait.

I laid on the couch and began reading 'the ten steps to a healthy divorce'

The doorbell rang and I continued to read. It rung again and my father comes rushing down.

"Grey get off your lazy ass and great our guests." He walks towards me and reads the title of the book before ripping it out of my hands and throwing it on the other side of the couch. "Stop trying to be a smart ass." He says before grabbing my arm harshly and shoving me towards the door.

"And for heaven's sakes what are you wearing!" is the last thing I hear before I open the door.

I rush to the door and swing it open revealing a familiar pair of green eyes.
"Your night in douching armor has arrived."

This is the first edited chapter. I'm so excited to improve the plot to this story. Thank you for all your support.

vote

like 

comment