The note

I wake suddenly and move my hands searching for grey in the bed.
She must be using the bathroom.
I slowly drift off to sleep while waiting for her. I move my arms over so I can hold her fragile body but still only air. I'm fully awake and sitting up. Rubbing my eyes I look around the strangely clean room.
I walk sleepily down the stairs to the kitchen. My eyes scan the kitchen almost missing the nicely folded paper on the counter.
Picking it up with a shaky hand I scrunch my face together trying to read the words in the dark. Running to a light I turn it on and see my name written in greys hand print. Ripping it open I read

I'm headed to the airport to go somewhere out of state. Things where short lived huh? I'm laughing and crying for writing this but this shouldn't be an issue due to the fact that you seem not to care about getting a divorce. If you do care then I'll be at tris's house for two days before hitting the airport. I can't allow myself to pour my heart into someone else when they don't love me.

Send the divorce papers to tris and she'll send them to me

- Grey

Keeping it together I grab my keys and rush out the house in just my boxers.

How could she ever think I didn't love her? I know we got into a couple arguments but none bad enough to make her leave. I can't have her leave never without me. Where she goes I go.

I drive up to the garage for work. Running inside I see Patricia at her desk.

"You're here three hours earl-

"I'm in a hurry can you please pull up Grey, my wife's file? She should have a girl named tris on there find out where tris lives."

Patricia nods her head "yessir"

Ik this chapter is extremely shorter than all my other ones but I felt so bad for not posting in awhile. I haven't had a lot of motivation so I thought I would type what I already had down in a notebook. Hope you all enjoyed. Promise to be a better and longer chapter soon.

Vote
Like
Comment