the truth

I had explained everything to Tris when I had gotten back and she's letting me crash at her place until I find a apartment.
It's been two days since I got back and I'm almost positive Colton knows I'm back.

My days filled with job interviews so I pull on a pair of slim black pants and a nice blouse. I Fix my hair and makeup so I don't look like a troll.
I walk down the street because I car about the environment.

If we're being honest it's just because I don't have a car and Tris had to work.

I round the corner and prepare to get a job.

***

Three weeks later

"I just don't understand why you won't hire me. I have all the qualifications and I'm a har-

"I'm sorry miss we just can't." The manager says "it's not you its just..." He averts his eyes from my gaze "there's someone high up that doesn't want me to hire you."

I narrow my eyes. Standing up abruptly I walk out. Once I'm safely away from the restaurant my face heats up and I'm about to explode.

"That mudak!"
(Asshole)

I've gone to 24 job interviews and all have turned me done for no specific reason. Until now I though nothing of it but I knew it was fucking Colton's doing and he's going to pay.

***

I hear the door open and shuffling before I hear Tris crying. Rushing out of my bedroom I see her in the couch and crying.

"What happened."

"I I lost my job for no reason they just let me go." She lets out a sob "Grey I'm going to have to move back in with my parents and where will you go." She starts sobbing some more.

"Merde" I whisper (shit) instead of crying I'm fuming. Grabbing tris's keys I rush out yelling "I'll be right back."
Driving to a familiar building I go up the elevator.

A certain bastard should be working late today.

I rush past the sercretary and storm into Coltons office without knocking.

He looks shocked before he can say anything I yell "what the holy duck you asshole" then without thinking I'm tackling him. His office chair he's in falls to the floor along with him. I straddle him and start to punch his chest but he blocks me and holds my wrists. Half a second goes by before he flips me over so now he's on top of me. I start to squirm and scream but he still has a strong hold on my wrists "get your fatass off of me!"

"My fatass!?" He smirks "from what I recall you loved my ass." He says

I roll my eyes.

"S should I call security?" I hear a small whisper from the door. Snapping my head to the door I realize it's kit-Kat.

Colton gives me a long look before he shakes his hear "I'll handle this."

Kit-Kat nods and closes the door. Coltons still looking at me
"Ok you can get off me." I say before pushing him off. I stand and wait for him to sit back down in his tipped chair. He stands the chair back up right and takes a seat.

"Please uh Grey take a seat."

"Mhm no I rather stand. I'll make this quick so you can get back to your big you job." I pause " stay the fuck away from me. Stop ruining my life." I'm about to walk away but I add " and don't ever bring my bestfriend into our shit."

I look back at Coltons face and he looks shocked "Grey what do you mean?"

I laugh "whay do you mean? I mean why did you threaten my friends in Spain! " I walk slowly over to him "why did you make every person turn me down for a job!"
I'm inches away from him.
"Why did you make tris loose her job!"

I can feel my emotions coming out, my eyes are glassy and I raise a finger to his chest.
"And why the fuck did you leave me!" I say in a trembling voice.

His warm hands wrap around mime and he pulls them to his lips then to his lap.

"Grey you where the one who left me. I loved you but somethings just don't work out."

I nod my head and start to leave but he slams me against the door.

"Fuck it." He whispers then his lips crash onto mine. I'm entranced in his lips moving against mine. I almsot forget about everything, but then I remember what he did. Pushing him away lightly I said "I want answers." He nods and whipes his mouth walking back to his seat he motions for me to take a seat and this time I do.

***

"I swear I'm going to kill your father." I mutter after colton tells me everything that's happened.

"Grey again I'm sorry I didn't know he got you fired and prevented you from getting a job."

"Whatever it's over now. I know the truth and your fathers going to pay. I'm going to the police with the information you gave me."

Colton smirks "babe, you're going to need this."

He opens a drawer and pulls out a file

"This holds the proof of him stealing money from the company and illegally corresponding with people. Should put him away for years and ruin his career."

"I guess it's true, karma really is a bitch."

Short authers note. Thank you all so so so much for your support and votes and comments and and and lol. You all are amazing and I wouldn't have been able to get this many chapters done without you. Love you all hope you're happy colton and Grey are back together. Do you think something bads going to happen to grey before she makes it to the police station? 😀

Vote
Like
Comment