Going back so soon

2 months later...

Setting: Bilbao, Vizcaya

" I can't believe they fired you!" Shana yells.

" you don't have to remind me, shanna." I roll my eyes " I did nothing wrong ! They just let me go." I huff " that was what I was counting on to keep me here."

Shanna had been so kind as to letting me stay in her small house. She was a single parent taking care of 4 kids including me. I felt so bad for intruding and anytime I try to pay her for my stay she smacks me with her shoe until I put the money away. I had been so lucky finding a job down by the shore as a waitress until they let me go for no reason.

"You know what? I'm going to head down there right now and demand they tell me why they let me go."

Shanna nods her head and scurries me out of the house. I hop down the streets and stop at a near by window looking at my reflection.

I sighed. I had changed a lot since Colton. Even though he made me happy I found happiness in the small things that life gives me now. Like shanna, and her kids Pablo, Marco, Lisa, and Ann. They didn't have much but they still rejoiced for the food that was provided even if it was a bowl of soup and some bread.

I stare at myself more intensely smoothing my blonde streaked hair down. The weather here brought out some highlights and gave me a nice tan from serving on the patio so often. Shaking my Now toned arms I walk the rest of the way to Lavista's.

***

"Yo Merciel! The hot waiter chick came back." The welcomer yells.

"Oh shut up rasco." I play punch his arm and he pretends to be hurt and offended. I laugh until Merciel walks towards me.

Straightening up and putting on my most intimidating face "I can't back to ask about why you fired me with no notice." I say trying out a demanding voice.

Merciel rolls his eyes and scruffs up my hair "Don't even try that shit on me" He says with his light Russian accent that I love.

I frown has he walks to the back where the kitchen is.

"Oh come on Merciel!" I wrap my arm around his and put all my weight in the hulk. "Please we where cool friends almost like family. Did that guy with the mustache and big ears complain. Is that why you fired me!? I swear I accidentally let it slip and I though he wouldn't hear what I called him from far away but his big ears picke-

"Stop little woman." Merciel says "I didn't even know about that. I should have known not to teach you Russian cuss words." He rolls his eyes and grabs a knife. He starts to chop up some carrots.

"Ok then why. Just tell me why and I'll leave and never come back."

He sighs and for the first time I get a good look of how tired he is and the grey hairs popping up in his hair. I almost felt bad. He was like the dad I never had for these short 2 months.

"Please, little grey you know you are always welcome in my home. Did you ever think about the people in higher places weighing in on this?"

I think for a bit "what do you mean?"

"I mean little American rich people." He vigorously throws the carrots in the boiling water then starts chopping celery. " they just sit in there office making millions every day and threatening small restaurants out of country." He sighs "why they would mine don't ask me."

I look up at him " someone, like a billionaire is threatening you?"

He nods his head.

"I uh I have to go." Before I leave I give him a big hug "thank you Merciel."

***

"Shanna I have to go back home." I announce over dinner after her four children go to be we usually have our dinner at the table.

She nods her head understandingly "it's that boy you where talking about awhile ago isn't it?" I nod my head.

"Well then go and show that boy what he's missing out on." She smiles a me.

"Shanna I promise to visit you again and write notes, you've been like a mother to me."

***

Right before I left for the airport I slip all my tip money that I had been saving up in shanna's jar she hides behind all the spices in the cabinet.

That should cover her rent for a week or two.

I take another deep breath and walk out the door for the airport.

Short authors note. Thank you all for your love and support. I just started online school and am so busy at the moment but I had to write this chapter for you guys. I really hope you enjoy the new characters I brought in.

Keep reading love ya all.

Vote
Like
Comment