Unexpected

"Ok ma'am thank you for giving us this info. We have been trying to get dalton brooks for years but never had proof." The police officer guides me out of the interrogation room.
"I'll take the file and hand it to my boss right away. We will get this all cleared up for you." I thank the police officer then walk back to Colton's car.
"Sooo..." Colton taps his leg nervously "Your house or-
I cut him off
"Obviously your house Colton. I'm not sleeping alone."
Colton starts the car but before his foot hits the gas pedal. I feel his hand caress my cheek and his lips on mine.
Slowly and longingly his lips melt with mine. He breaks apart and I let out a sigh. He smirks and pecks me on the nose before turning back to the rode and speeding off from the police station.

***

"Shit shit shit shit." Colton mutters while staring at his phone.
"What's up?" I ask as I flick another piece of popcorn into my mouth.
"Ughhh" Colton runs his hand through his hair. "I have to run to the office. Someone broke in and it's protocol for me to be there." He groans and moves aside my legs on his lap. He stand from the couch and snatches the remote from my hand, pausing the show the innocents.
"How dare you pause it." I give him a stern look.
He looks at me and points the remote at my face "Don't you dare watch another episode until I get back." He leans down and try's to kiss me but I turn my face at the last second. Smirking I bring my index finger to his lips "not until you hand me the remote." I smile then squeal when I feel his fingers jab into my stomach. Placing a wet sloppy kiss on my lips he smirks and looks at me "I love you." He says.
I give him a fake pouty face "I love you too Now give me the remote." Outstretching my hand Colton laughs. "Please I promise I won't watch another episode without you." I plead
"Really!? Remember when I came home from work and found you on season 3 of izombie! You broke my heart a whole season ahead without me?" Colton fake clutches his heart and falls to the floor.
I roll my eyes at him still being dramatic "ok ok you've made your point."
He smiles and gets off the floor.

***

It's been exactly 1 hour since Colton left and 4 hours since I went to the police. Getting annoyed I walk to the kitchen and try to find something unhealthy to eat. "Of course you don't have anything good to eat."
I eye the kale in the fridge and groan. I grab the kale and mushrooms along with some spices from the cabinet. Cutting the kale I stop when I hear what sounds like a door open.
Grinning I look behind me.
"Shit!" I quickly look back at my fingers and realize I cut one. Turning around I realize I haven't heard Colton so like a stupid bitch I yell "hello?! Colton you here?" I wait for a reply but am met with silence.
Ok really weird. My finger still burns so I turn back to the cabinets and reach for the first aid kit.

Finishing up with my finger I feel the hair on my neck stand up and I slowly reach for the large knife I had used earlier. Whipping around to attack someone I realize it was just the creeps because no ones there.

Sighing I put the emergency kit away and turn back around to walk to the couch. A black flash comes at my face and my jaw explodes in pain. I drop to the floor and yell out in pain "What the He-
I look up and see a leg collide with my stomach. Preparing to be kicked again I grab onto my attackers leg and pull hard until I see him fall. Regaining my valence I look at him and he looks like a hitman or bodyguard from movies. He's like King Kong and I'm the girl except he's not playing nice. Before I can think of anymore comparisons hulk guy sweeps my feet making me fall and hit my head on the kitchen floor.
Ok ok my mind races as I stand up.
"Boss said just a bullet to the head but I want to have fun with you." The man gives me a disgusting grin and I lunge for the knife on the counter. My hand feels the smooth handle but before I can get a grip on it I'm yanked back by my hair and thrown to the ground. Hulk dude has a leg on either side of my waist. He goes to sit on me but I bring my leg high and kick thrusting my hips up to add power. He groans and doubles over covering his crotch "You bitch!" His face gets red and he goes to grab me but I slide behind him. Grabbing the knife on the counter. I charge at him and the knife sink into his skin. Not knowing where I hit I pull out and stretch my arm back for another hit but my hand gets twisted and the knife clatters to the floor.
"Maybe I should have shot you." He reaches for the knife while his hand closes around my throat. My feet ever so slowly leave the floor as he stands to his full height. I stare at him and try to punch him but my arms are to short.
He has the audacity to laugh
"You're one feisty bitch." He says through gritted teeth before I see the glint of the knife gives me a warning and I feel him stab me in the thigh. He sees my shocked face "Don't think I'm killing you with just one stab you'll have hundreds by time I'm done with you."

"Hundreds? That's a high goal." I state just before I lock my hands together and punch his arm right in the joint I hear a crack and him screaming before I fall to the ground. Ignoring the pain in my leg I stand up and grab the knife that already had blood on it. Straddling the man I place my feet on the mans wrists and the tip of the knife at his throat. Wiping my bloody nose with my other I glare at the man. "Who sent you?"
Seconds pass and I grow impatient "I said who sent you!" I press the knife down on his throat until I see a small trickle of blood.
"Just kill me." He states.
I let out a laugh at his words
"Bad boys don't get rewarded they get punished." Before he can translate my words I step on his wrists harder and bring one hand to his throat and knife to his crotch.
"How much do you value sex? Woman? Pleasure?" I state plainly.
He's eyes widen and I smile "tell me what I want to know and I won't chop off your dick." I whisper "you'll still be a dick but...

I press the knife harder on his crotch and he shakes frightened he says "please don't it was dalton brooks and the police officer. Please they just gave me orders and I followed them."
The switch goes off in my head and before I do anything else I search for the gun he supposedly had. Finding the glock I hold it in my hand.
"Please I told you all I knew!"
"Shut up! I hate whiners. Why did dalton send you to kill me?"

The man replies instantly "he didn't tell me specifically but I overheard the police officer and him saying you knew things you weren't suppose to and joe had proof. Once you where out of the way it would be easier to persuade Colton not to go to the police with the proof."
I nod my head in understanding "do you know what happened to the file I gave the police officer."

"They burned it."
I smirk knowing that's why I made 2 extra copies.

I bring the glock down on the mans head and he goes limp immediately. Standing I grab the keys to One if Colton's cars.

Before any shit goes down I need to get Colton.

A bit of a longer exciting chapter. I loved writing this chapter and hope you all enjoyed reading it. I'm so sad that I only have about three more chapters before this book is done 😭 it's been a long ride and will be my first book ever finished. Thank you all to my voters readers and commenters you guys are the ones that motivate me to write and without you there would be nothing.
Keep reading and if you loved this chapter then...

Vote
Like
Comment