Chapter 8

Author's Note!

I don't remember if I ever stated it before, but I suck at descriptive writing.

Enjoy the chapter!

#_*_#_*_#_*_#_*_#_*_#_*_#_*_#

In the end, after taking hours to arrive and spending a long time browsing through catalogs at the company, choosing a house was, in a word, fast- in more words, decided in an instant- in an expression, love at first sight.

"Are you sure about this, Ms. Rogers? There are still many other properties for you to choose from. You don't need to be in a hurry to decide"

The manager of Reign Real Estate, Daniel Becker, was surprisingly little older than Isabel herself. The thirty year old man was tall, lean with a shrewd countenance and was, in a word, sexy.

Dressed in a tailored blue suit with a pair of frameless glasses, his blonde hair slicked back with an unruly fringe hanging over his forehead, he had the air of an elite with an added aura of elegance that made him very appealing.

"I'm certain, this is definitely the one."

So far, since it was very late, they had only been to one other house that Daniel had suggested, but when they stepped off the car and Isabel laid eyes on this place, she had just had a feeling about it and after touring it, she was absolutely certain. This was her chosen home for her and her family.

Standing in the middle of the massive garden under the shade cast by one of the many large trees under the light of sunset, she looked up at the second floor where Davina was watching over Phoenix and Kelvin who were giggling at each other from the balconies of their chosen bedrooms which were separated by barely two feet of space.

Honestly, the house wasn't all that huge (though it was still pretty big), but the property that came with it was almost three football fields. The living room had a ton of space and would still have plenty space once it was furnished, but that was what Isabel liked about it, she had kids after all- growing kids, they needed the space.

The kitchen was also massive and the complete and modern furnishings made Isabel's eyes light up like a kid in a candy store when she saw it. 

Although she was no iron chef, to please Brycen, Isabel had honed her cooking skills to near perfection, though on the flip side, because Brycen didn't even deign to share even the same room with her for too long, she never had many chance to cook for him and because she was always busy with work, then went mad in her last life, she never cooked often for her kids either. Isabel decided that this life, she would put her skills to use; she would definitely cook three meals a day for her kids, breakfast, lunch and dinner and many snacks in between.

After the living room and kitchen, there was also a cozy dining room and a large open studio of almost 30 square meters, a little larger than the living room and almost twice the size of the kitchen, a laundry room and a toilet. That was the first floor.

The second floor had six bedrooms- inclusive of the master bedroom- two toilet and baths- not counting the master bath- a study and another open studio, this one of about 10 square meters.

Outside, there was the pool, the patio which was ideal for family barbeques, a moderate sized tennis court and the massive garden with its many giant trees that gave Isabel inspiration for a tree house just by looking at them.

Seeing the happy gleam in Isabel's eyes as she looked beyond the garden hedges toward the sprawling stretches of lands, Daniel glanced over at Kim and could only smile wryly when the other woman waved her hands and shook her head in a helpless manner.