Chapter 19

In the surveillance room of Rickson Private Hospital, the two guards on duty were sweating bullets as they played back the security footage from several minutes earlier. There was a demon behind them.

Spending a long time looking through the numerous grids from all the cameras on the building's third floor, they finally brought up one particular screen on the monitor.

Looking at the surveillance footage from more than fifteen minutes ago where his nephew had been carried away by a woman in a trench coat and three men in suits, the cold atmosphere around Archer only intensified as his grey eyes narrowed dangerously while looking at the monitor.

He had taken the day off today to accompany his nephew in visiting his older brother at the hospital, but he didn't expect that in the middle of their visit his brother would suddenly go into cardiac arrest, throwing the whole place into chaos.

There were doctors and nurses running everywhere in an attempt to keep Trooper from flat lining and he hadn't been paying attention, by the time he thought to give his concern to his seven year old nephew who would have surely been frightened in that situation, the little boy was already missing and the nanny who was supposed to be looking after him hadn't even known he was gone.

Casting a fleeting glance at the woman wearing a white one piece that exposed her fair shoulders with her brown hair held up in a simple but elegant bun shrinking and hiding in a corner with her head lowered, revealing a delicate white neck, a cold flash of disdain glinted in Archer's eyes.

He had known from the start that this woman had been trying to put herself in his eyes but he hadn't let it bother him; he would never grow an interest in these kinds of scheming and highly ambitious women. As long as she did her job well in taking care of Zac, that was all she needed to keep her job, however, it was looking like he needed to reconsider that line of thought.

To be so taken with trying to offer him 'comfort' and 'consolation' that she didn't even notice that the child she was meant to be taking care of had disappeared, she obviously didn't want to keep this job. If she wanted to flaunt herself for wealthy men that much, then he would help her.

Just as dark and malicious thoughts were brewing in Archer's mind, a brief mumble from his right caught his attention and he turned to look at the astutely dressed middle aged man in a swallow tail suit who was also watching the high definition video on the monitor that had been dragged back to several minutes before the group left the building.

"Uncle Sam, did you say something?"

The cold and domineering aura from earlier all but instantly dissipated as Archer spoke to the middle age man respectfully and the other three people in the room were grateful for the momentary respite.

"That woman," Uncle Sam pointed at the monitor, to the woman who was cuddling Zac like a baby while sitting on the floor. "I've met her before."

"Really?"

A dark glint of suspicion flashed in Archer's smoldering grey eyes as he watched the beautiful woman on the screen hug his nephew, kiss him, wipe his tears and after having what seemed to be an argument with one of the three men she was with, stood up while holding Zac and entered the elevator with only one of the men in glasses. As the lift doors were sliding shut, she raised her middle finger in salute to the other two men she was leaving behind-though she still ended up waiting for them near the front door on the ground floor before they left the building.

"She was at the real estate headquarters on Sunday; she's the one I told you about who Little Master said saved him from falling over the rails."

"Really?" The suspicion in Archer's mind only intensified toward this woman.