Chapter 37 (Edited)

"You're not human! You're a fucking devil in mortal skin; Archer Ryan don't regret this!"

A loud shout resounded across the top floor of Reign Enterprises' main company building as a middle aged man with a highly disheveled appearance stormed down the hallway towards the elevator, turning back to curse and point at the 'CEO's office he had just left ever so often.

Despite the high profile act, the employees on the floor hardly showed any reaction and didn't bother to see this now ex-board executive out the building; although it was only slightly after nine in the morning, this scene had played out countless times already for them to be used to it.

It was unknown what had happened, but all morning those old fogies had been showing up to curse the boss to high heaven in extremely loud voices only to leave with a belly full of anger though not a single word of what the boss said in reply to them could be heard beyond the door.

Inside the office that everyone was now looking to with curiosity, Archer sat behind the large desk, reclined in the large leather chair with nonchalance and although there was no longer anyone there to hear, his thin yet full red lips curved up in a devious sneer that reeked of danger and arrogance.

"I highly doubt that I will."

From the time that he took over office almost a year ago, like piranhas smelling blood in the water, the members of the board could tell that Archer's heart hadn't been into running the business and most of them made the decision to band together and carve up this fatty meat called Reign Enterprises.

Archer wasn't an idiot, he had seen their actions long ago and had wanted to deal with them, but his way of doing business was completely different from the way his father and brother had done it and would certainly cause a huge mess. In their soft hearted and sentimental nature, the two had allowed the board members leeway to be unreasonable and create extra profits, but Archer wasn't like that.

Although it may seem petty but Archer believed that if he was shedding his blood and sweat to build a business then the profits that should be his should be his while others should also take what they justly deserve, but back then he was still of the mindset to preserve his brother's place so he didn't do anything and it wasn't like these small loses could even cause a dent in the Ryan family's generations old wealth anyway, so Archer let them be. But, now that he had decided to fully take on the responsibility as the Master of the Ryan family, Archer wasn't going to be lenient or courteous with these people anymore.

It would seem that he had underestimated the regard that those old childhood playmates and high school friends still had for him after all these years, because after he made those calls last night, even before the sun had risen his phone started going off like crazy with those old codgers lodging complaints about why Reign was cooperating with others to attack their businesses.

Archer didn't beat around the bush and frankly owned up to his actions then threatened them with the possible dissolution of their entire fortunes in exchange for the shares of Reign in their hands which he then temporarily put under the names of his closest relatives like Uncle Sam, Israel, Phillip, Trooper and Zac. He wasn't stupid enough to put them all under his own name and place the company in a precarious position where his death alone could cause its fall, right now he was hated by a lot of people.

In the future as he interacted with those lost acquaintances more, he would consider if their characters were trustworthy and hand over some shares to start building the board again, but until then he was now in full control of this company; those small board members who didn't even have the guts to oppose the Ryan family's might when he wasn't in charge surely wouldn't have the courage to do so now that he was, but they would soon come to learn that the cowardice they were condemned for in the past was the best decision they had ever made.