22: Castiel ✔️

Maria helped me getting ready.

That's all I have to say. She styled me like she used to style my mom to get ready to the most important events with other high members of the supernatural world. 

However getting ready like this took a lot of more time that I had expected so I was running a little bit late. I thanked myself for declining Jason's offer of picking me up, because if I had accepted it he would be running late too and that would be unforgiving. Carl stopped the car by the main entrance of the castle and opened the door for me. I really try to stop him from doing that but he swats my hands away like a ninja and glares at me. Yeah, teddy bear Carl knows how to glare. 

"Enjoy yourself Miss." He said. Then he bowed slightly. I nodded and smiled. 

"Thank you." I whispered back. He nodded back and waited for me to enter the castle before leaving. One thing that I immediately noticed was the amount of people that were reunited inside of the ball room, that didn't even look completely full. As I took more steps forward people started turning their heads and stopped talking, they just stared at me.

 The room was silent by now. That only lasted a few moments because a few meters ahead me there stood the future King. And he looked so good and so attractive that I could feel myself melting on my spot. I quickly looked away with a blush on my cheeks. He kept walking towards me until I finally met his eyes and he let out a gasp. 

"You look absolutely stunning and beautiful, like a Goddess." Jason said softly. I froze at the mention of the word 'Goddess' and me in the same sentence but I quickly brushed it off and my cheeks warmed once again understanding his compliment. 

"Thank you, you look really stunning and handsome, like a God." I played along even though that deep in my mind I was actually going crazy at how much of a high heavenly figure he looked like. He chuckled and kissed me on the forehead, causing those butterflies to move in my tummy like crazy and the warm tingling feeling that he left in my forehead. 

"Come with me, I want you to meet my parents." He said while taking my hand delicately. I started panicking. His parents know me. Not as Castiel Jones but as a creature that stopped a demon. 

I knew that this was going to happen sooner or later so I tried to calm myself down and not make the situation any worse while trying to find a reasonable solution. I looked around at everyone and noticed that they were all looking at us, adding even more pressure and nerves on the already complicated situation. Step by step we walked through the crowd that opened space for us to walk to the royal seats. Gossip followed us everywhere and different speculations about who is the girl with the soon-to-be King, I shrugged it off and kept walking hand in hand with Jason. 

We finally arrived to the other side of the ball room and there stood the Queen, the King and a little girl, the little girl.

 "Father, mother, sister, I officially introduce you my mate, Castiel." He said gesturing to me with one hand the holding mine with the other. Then he turned towards me and gestured to his family. "Castiel, I present you my family, my father, my mother and my little sister." 

"It's nice to finally meet you Castiel." Jason's father said while holding a hand out to me to shake. I gracefully took his hand and shook it.~

 "It's nice to meet you too Sir." I replied with a smile. He didn't remember me. A feeling of relief filled me in. 

"Please call me Tobias, this is my mate and wife Sophia and that's my daughter Madison." He said gesturing to each of them with a gentle kind look. I smiled in return muttering a small 'okay'.

 "It's great to meet you darling." Sophia said while opening her arms for a hug. I happily wrapped my arms around her, but when we made contact she stiffened. It was barely even 2 seconds of contact and she felt something. When we broke apart I looked at her face and stiffened. 

Wolf eyes.

 Her yellow wolf eyes were on show, staring at me, studying me, watching my every move. Jason wrapped a protective arm around my waist and pulled me to his chest. Sophia quickly shook her face and looked around noticing everyone's alert mode.

 "I'm sorry I didn't mean to fright to you. My wolf came out because she recognized a bond with you." Everyone relaxed and pretended that nothing happened. Everyone except me, because I know exactly what bond she's talking about. The night that I saved them she hugged me, and the caring hug created a bond. A bond that can expose me. 

It's not like I don't trust Jason to know about me but I don't want to take any risks. Besides no one can know who I am. That's the main rule. It's a bit hypocrite of me to know his secret without him knowing mine? Yes, absolutely. The feeling of guilt eats me alive everyday but I can't tell him. Not yet at least

"It's okay." I smiled. Madison the little girl was with her wolf eyes as well and jumped on me. That sudden move made everyone to start to try to take her off me in a protective way. But the thing is, she wasn't harming me. She was hugging me and sniffing me.

 I laughed and placed a small kiss on her forehead. I knelt down to her height and pulled her into another hug while whispering in her ear. "It's good to see you too." No one heard me but they all stopped to watch the scene. I simply winked at her while putting my pointing finger on my lips as secret sign when no one was watching. She smiled and winked back while going back to stand beside her mom.

 "Have we met before? Because both our wolves seem to know you" Sophia said suspiciously. "Maybe." I answered vaguely with a secretive smile while Madison giggled. Jason who was watching everything with a frown finally snapped out of his gaze and wrapped his arm around my waist again. 

"We will meet with the Elders now, if you excuse us." He said while turning us to another direction. We walked for a while until we were out of hearing reach and Jason spoke up again.

"What was that all about?" He asked while looking at me in the eye. I smiled mischievously at him and shrugged innocently. 

"I don't know what are you talking about." I said with an eloquent smile. He was about to speak but got interrupted. 

"What a big surprise to see you here Miss Morningstar."

I looked to the source of the voice and froze.