27: Jason ✔️

"I would take a bullet for you, just to prove my love.

Only to find out you are the one holding the gun."

- Madison Beer in "Good in Goodbye"

One week has passed now and my mother is still unconscious, it was predicted that she would black out due to her medication but the doctors said that the stress of the whole attack made her biological defense mechanisms switch and go on a full lock down, inducing her into a comatose like state. It's been a really draining week for everyone, with the previous Queen falling ill and the fear of the unknown events that went down at the end of the coronation still lingered the air. I've tried texting Castiel to know if she was safe and well, to know about her in general to which she only replied "I'm safe at home don't worry about me" which at the time seemed to relieve me and my negative thoughts, however, as days went by and sending messages without any sort of response made me feel uneasy, I tried to justify her actions by telling myself that she was probably still shaken up about everything. Another thing that is bothering is the fact that every time I brought that up in conversation with the group, Axel would always freeze and act weird, now that I think about it, he's been acting sketchy ever since the tragic events a week ago, always avoiding eye contact with me, making up excuses to leave the conversations earlier, always on his room. I'm not the only one noticing it, Elijah, Ethan and Isabella have noticed it as well, but none of them has been successful at having a deep conversation with him, every time one them tried he would say that he was tired and didn't want to talk about it. As my Beta, he should be able to talk with me about everything and the fact that he isn't doing it is bothering me to no extent. I decided then to go to his room and maybe receive some answers, however when I knocked and no one answered I opened the door only to find his room empty. No Axel in sight.

I was about to go down and try to find him when one of the many servants of the palace came rushing in my direction.

"Your Highness, Queen Sophia has woken up, King Tobias asked you to meet them as soon as possible!"

I quickly absorved her words before following her into my parents quarters where everyone was reunited. As soon as I opened the door everyone turned to look at me before going back to my mother.

"Mom." I whispered

She glanced at me, her eyes empty and face expressionless, she looked really pale as well almost like a ghost.

She didn't speak, in fact no one did. My father sat beside her holding her hand peppering it with soft kisses while Madison sat on the other side glaring at me.

"This is all your fault!" Madison said, her hateful gaze unwavering, tiny fists clenched by her side.

"Enough Madison, your mother doesn't need this negativity around her right now." My father said in a low voice.

Suddenly my mother started crying and sobbing, her eyes never leaving mine. Her sobs soon turned into whimpers and whimpers turned into screaming, all while still looking at me.

"Perhaps is better if you leave for now son, whatever is happening you are triggering it, don't worry everything will be alright."  My father said while craddling his wife in his arms shushing and soothing her by massaging her hair.

With a heavy heart I left them and started walking through the halls of the castle, no matter what I do, I always manage to screw up. My own mother can't bare to see me, how pathetic is that. I'm a King now, however I didn't feel like one, in fact I felt like the worthless being on earth. For a second my mind went to the alcohol stack at the castle's kitchen but then I remembered the last time that I got drunk, the night that I cheated on Castiel.