29: Jason ✔️

IMPORTANT: First things first I'd like to apologize, I'm not sure if you noticed but I've changed Noah's name to Nero, loves I'm so sorry I know I should have asked you first but while I was editing some old chapters (yikes there's some cringe going on) I noticed that in the middle of many mighty names such as Castiel, Lucifer, Charmeine, Aramazd, Noah just didn't seem to fit in. So I did some research and the name 'Nero' is associated with darkness and strength, and it also starts with an 'N' so I thought that it would the perfect fit. Secondly, can you guys see when I write in italics? For some reason when I go back it never appears as italics :( Short chapter sorry again ):

"And now I can't stop thinking that I can't stop thinking
That I almost gave you everything
And now the whole thing's finished and I can't stop wishing
That I never gave you anything"

-Halsey in 100 letters

My chest hurts, so much. I've never felt this weak and betrayed before, my life felt like it was falling apart into crumbles. First my family, then my best friend and now my own mate, with my worst enemy. How did I let this come this far? She promised me not even an hour ago that she'd never leave me and now she wants us to stop seeing each other? We were sharing a moment of emotional intimacy in her room, she seemed so truthful, she seemed like she actually cared for me. What sort of sick joke is this? Was all of this just a game to her? After confronting her with her promise she remained silent while staring ahead, avoiding my eyes where she was, seconds ago looking directly at. "Was all of this a joke to you?" I asked, anger and sadness cursing through my veins. "Jason..." She said with a broken expression before hardening. "Leave." I took a step towards her but before I could get closer Aramazd grabbed my arm again, this disgusting half dead leech. "Leave now before I get you escorted out, don't make this any harder." She kept going, her voice now cold and harsh while turning her back towards me. "You are not wanted here." My heart broke all over again, she didn't deny it. I was never anything to her was I? Everything, the tingles, the kisses, the hugs, the words, the promises, they were all fake, all empty. I was a fool for thinking that she was hiding something deep and personal about her, she was hiding something, yes. She was hiding a sick game of torture and push and pulls, she made me want to trust her and give her everything without expecting anything back. Everything was too perfect, she was too perfect. I should have noticed this before, the secrets, the suspicious slip ups and her sudden disappearing should have been signals for me to be careful, but I was a love sick puppy following her everywhere and craving for her attention while she was throwing knives at my back. Was she even my mate? Basil growled at me for thinking about that, she was clearly our mate, she just didn't see us as hers. I was angry and hurt and nothing could stop the words that came out of my mouth seconds later "You know what? Maybe Tiffany and Melinda are right, maybe we were a mistake, you could never become a Queen, you are a cold hearted sick person Castiel Jones, mates or not I don't want to see you again either. Maybe Tiffany will become my new partner, she is after all a pure descendant of the Moon Goddess, more useful than a twisted human like you." I spitted out furiously, I didn't mean any of those words, I could never do that to her, no matter what she did to me, to us. "You are a fool Jason Silva." Aramazd whispered in my ear before shaking his head in disappointment. Basil was not happy with my words either and started clawing at my insides forming aches all of my body, he wanted to go back to his mate, to beg for forgiveness and cherish her with love. However I couldn't let that happen, not anymore. Dragging myself out of the damned mansion I reached my car, and to my surprise I saw a flashy red paint peaking out behind the bushes, coming closer my heart skipped a beat. What the hell is Axel's car doing here? My mind still hot from that argument started making up the worst case scenarios possible, could it be? Could it be that Axel is seeing Castiel? Is that why he has been acting weird lately? He was always a little reluctant about our relationship but I always thought that he was just looking out for me, like a good Beta would do, but now I'm starting to think that he was trying to pull us apart because he wanted her for himself. My chest pang again and I decided to go back and see what the hell was going on.

Following his scent I came face to face to the main entrance again, hearing voices I quickly hid behind a Greek themed column and watched from the side as my best friend knocked at the door and was greeted by Maria who told him to wait a minute before she disappeared inside the house. So he was welcomed instead of being yelled at to go away huh? Seconds later Castiel emerged from the door and looked at Axel, then he did something that I wasn't expecting at all, he bowed down. His neck out in total submission, eyes on the ground and his body stiff as a rock, I've never seen Axel like this before and I've known him since diapers and have been through thick and thin with him. I kept watching the both of them to see what would happen next, but I wasn't ready what I saw. Castiel pulled him up and came closer to him smiling, looking him in the eye, she came impossibly closer, I closed my eyes not wanting to see what would come next, however the masochist part of me forced me to open my eyes again to see the both of them...hugging. A sense of relief filled my body for a brief second before the now familiar ache came back. Why is she smiling and hugging him? Why couldn't she do the same thing for me? Having enough of this show I turned my back towards them and headed towards my car, before slamming my door close and leaving for good.

I arrived back at the castle with fire still burning inside me, decided I went downstairs and kept on descending, step by step until I reached the dungeons. The space was disgusting, a putrid smell spread through the air while the walls were all dirty and full of caked up dry blood, I kept walking looking through each and every cell until I finally caught sight of a certain red feisty hair. Melinda was laying down on the dirt in the small closed space where she could barely move. Her eyes were sunken and dark and she looked paler. "Get up." I ordered while smashing an iron stick against the grid that separated us to make sure that she woke up with the loud noise. She quickly turned her defense mechanism up and even in her weaken state she managed to look ready to pounce and pull apart anyone that threatened her, she truly was a remarkable warrior. When she noticed that it was me who was in front of her, she relaxed and got back to a normal stance, however you could still see that she was tensed waiting for any unexpected move. "Oh it's you." She said while shrugging her shoulders slightly. "Came to torture some answers out of me? Because if that's the case I'm more than willingly to help, I'm getting tired of the soup that they serve here." She continued with a glint in her eyes. "That depends, what do you have to confess?" I pushed at her while staring down at her. "Apart from that attack on your little human while she was shopping with your friends, not much." She said without a care in the world, leaning against the once white wall. I, on the other, was outraged "What?! You were the one behind that?!" I yelled at her. She jumped and looked at me confused. "Yeah isn't that why you are here?" She cocked her head to the side. "No! How did you even do it, you were locked up way before any of that happened!" To which she shrugged again before replying "I never said that I did it by myself." Then who was helping her? "Who helped you?" I asked narrowing my eyes slightly at her. "Now, now Jason don't you know that snitches get stitches? I'm not telling you shit." She replied looking at me smugly which infuriated me a lot and I was ready to push her to get answers when I looked at her eyes, she looked so tired and empty of putting up a tough front. "What happened to us Melinda? We used to be friends." I said disappointed while shaking my head at her.

"Mates was what happened Jason, I was rejected by my mate." She said painfully. I looked at her again with pity before sitting on the ground in front of her. That still didn't justify any of her actions, either recent or past ones but somehow, the person that was once my friend that I grew to despise was the only one who could understand what I was going through. And so we talked, like we used to do before, as if nothing had happened, putting the past aside.

And I liked that.

A/N: pls dont hate me for this <3 adoro-vos it's currently 02:21 AM ayee