Chapter 14- Date

Summer had finally hit. 

It seemed like only yesterday that I was coming back from spring break and facing the nightmare that became my life. Though truthfully life couldn't be better now. I had Simon and he was so much sweeter then before. So attentive and loving. A new found friend in Eric that I didn't think would ever happen espicially with the difference in our social status. Even my friendship with Mandy only growing stronger as the days went by. 

Life was damn near perfect except of course for my dad. He only grew more withdrawn with me and I know the whole situation with my mom and Lucas is definitely taking it's toll on him. I want to try to bring him back but it just doesn't seem like he's going to shake whatever he's feeling right now. 

I shake my thoughts away from him as I pull up to the school parking lot, irrated that I actually had to take summer school for all the time I missed. Simon, though still stuck in a private wing at the hospital, had a tutor that helped him catch up with all of his work. Which I was insainly jealous of. I grab my school bag off the passenger seat, climbing out of what was once Lucas's car, and proceeded to walk towards the school building.

"Matty!!" Someone calls from behind me. I turn towards the deep voice and a smile spreads wide accross my face. Eric comes running to catch up to me and I stop in the middle of the parking lot. When he finally reaches me, with a big smile to match mine, he sweeps me up into a big bear hug while spinning me around.

"Ohemgee put me down" I squeal as I tighten my hold around his neck, laughing. He plants my feet on what is not the sidewalk and steps away, chuckling when I swat him on the arm. "Seriously you gotta stop doing that"

"Yea Yea" He says easily slinging his arm around my shoulders and strolling on next to me as I resume my walk towards the school.

"So what are you doing here? I mean you get pretty good grades considering you have to because of the team so I highly doubt you need summer school like me"

"first off you get better grades than me your absensce is the only thing bringing you here and your right I don't need summer school like you" He teases causing me to backhand him in the chest as he laughs.

"So than why are you here?"

"Pratice actually. Coach likes us to come first thing in the morning to get ahead of the game. There's a reason why we never lose and keep in amazing shape." He finishes with a cocky smile thrown my way and I take in his outfit. his practice uniform on and his chiseled upper body covered in a loose fitted tank top. I see scars glistening is upper shoulders as the sunlight peeks through a fluffy cloud but I don't look to closely as my attention moves to opening the building door.

"So when is our big date?" He asks suddenly just as I was about to walk in.

"What date?" I ask puzzled as his dark eyes look at me amusedly.

"The date you agreed to on with me if I said I payed." 

"Um..." I start blushing beat red "you know I was joking right." 

I see something akeen to a hurt look flash accross his face but it's gone so fast I can't be sure that's exactly what I saw. He smiles at me brightly and reaches up to tuck one of my frizzy blonde curls behind my ear.

"Well I took it seriously. So what do you say?"

"I don't know" I answer thinking if it would be appropriate to go out with another guy while I was technically with Simon. 

"As friends Matty. Come on I know you and Simon are something or whatever. I'm not trying to do anything. I just want to hang out. We're friends aren't we? We can do that right?" I bite my bottom lip rolling it into my mouth as I think about what he said.