Chapter 2 -Jelly Donut

Jelly Donut
Arieon's POV

I had gotten home and went straight to my room

I had gotten home and went straight to my room. I closed my door and locked it behind me. I didn't want anyone in here. I didn't want to talk to anyone at all.

I turned around and faced my white room. My king sized bed, which was jammed to the back wall, called to me. I took a few steps towards it. My sheets were white; with several pillows confined within grey and white cases. I couldn't get in bed with alcohol and traces of blood on me. Infront of it was a purple teddy bear which if placed in the floor reached mid thigh, it was from my brothers. I patted the bear's head and walked to my nightstand.

On both sides of the bed were white nightstands with a nice little lamp and a picture frame on both. The wall on my left was a fully a mirror, with a short chest of drawers before it and a stool, this was my vanity. The teddy bear was the only thing that really had color in this room. I snickered a bit to myself, to think that I was the one commenting on Dom's color scheme for his office.

I took my phone out of my pocket and dropped it on the nightstand. I made my way past the mirror wall, as there was a short hall continuing from it. On the left was my bathroom door and straight to the end was my closet. I kicked off my heels and went into the bathroom.

I had taken shower and put on a pair of comfortable boxers, I was now in bed watching some episodes of my favorite series at the time. Though I couldn't bring myself to focus on what the heck was going on. My mind was busy thinking about what Dom had said to me.  I was just about to start my fourth episode for the night when there was a knock on my door.

"Who is it." I asked flatly.

"It's Gio."

"What do you want Giovanni." I rolled my eyes, as I turned my tv, on the wall above my door, off. Of course he'd gotten wind of the situation. I heard the jingle jangle of keys and mentally sobbed. He opened the door and turned the light on.

"I didn't give you permission to be in here." I groaned while rubbing and blinking my eyes to adjust to the bright light.

"Ari." He said, as he took a seat on the side of the bed next to me. "You were eight years old when you first came into this house." He leaned forward and patted my head.

"Here we go." I said dramatically.

"I was fifteen, Dominic was nineteen, and had been running things here for three years. The last thing my brother and I or anyone else in the family knew about was raising a child." He laughed.

I chuckled and scooted over to rest my head on his shoulder. These Dellucci brothers are the only family I really know, and I can't keep up an attitude with either of them for too long.

Giovanni sat still for awhile, as if he was in deep thought and didn't make a sound.

"Do you remember when the Toscani men recognized us?" he finally spoke. I searched for the answer in my head, flipping through memories of me and my boys until-"Yes!"

"I wanted ice cream-"

"- and of course you got your way, only to realize we were being followed. The men got you from us and things went crazy." He laughed ruefully.

"That was honestly the first time I saw Dominic literally snap necks." He shrugged and I looked up at him as I furrowed my eyebrows. Gio was trying to melt my heart the way he knows he best can, reminding me of the bond I have with Dom. Talk about emotional blackmail.

"We love you Ari. Protecting you is major for us." He whispered, as he draped his hand over my shoulder. Heart melted.

"You're a walking guilt trip. I swear you're like the jelly donut someone trying to lose weight ate." I laughed. Gio let out a hearty chuckle, as he pulled away and naturally I moved my head from his shoulder.

I was about to speak but was interrupted by a knock on the door. I knew it was Dom.He opened the door and his eyes didn't meet mine. He sat down on the furthest edge of the bed and I noticed something in his hand.

"I. Mi dispiace." He whispered, it took him a few moment before he spoke again. (I'm sorry)

"I just feel that I made the wrong choice. You didn't deserve to be pulled into a world of chaos. It was selfish. You can be so much to handle too and I'm just trying to keep you safe." He rapped. He felt guilty and honestly I couldn't bear to see this mafia leader be so soft at once. I crawled to him and hugged him, to make him stop rambling further and to prevent myself from crying.

"You didn't say anything wrong you know. It's true I would've have a different life, but don't feel guilty about your choice because I love the life you gave me. I need this." I said, as I pointed to my cuts on my right hand. "I need the bloody knuckles and the guns." I said, as I crawled back to Gio and leaned over him to open my nightstand drawer revealing a handgun. I picked it up and waved it around.

"But, you only need it because of the mafia, Arieon." Giovanni stated.

"Whose side are you on?" I pushed him.

"I love it and you guys know that. Vi amo ragazzi." I said with a straight face and rolled my eyes. (I love you guys.)

"È anche un regalo??" I smiled.
(Also is that a present??)

"Ti amo." Dominic smiled in return, before he handed me the item in his hand.   (I love you.)

I opened the little box and it revealed a gold necklace with a small pendant, which was a fist wrapped in gauze.

"I love it!" I smiled. I had a passion for boxing way before I met the Delluccis.

Dom smiled and pulled me in for a hug.