Chapter 10- Povero Me

Povero Me
Arieon's POV

"Future wife!" I laughed violently as I swept my hand across the table, sending my glass flying

Luca's hand went to his throat which still had the cut but it was very much scabbed over by now.
He lowered his hand and adjusted his tie.

We had got home and it was the middle of the night, I left Marie with Mia and they went to bed.
The boys and I needed to talk.

"All the meetings you guys have been having, I mean I realized you've been in contact with both the Toscani and the Volta and whatever but when did this emerge?!" I threw up hands up in the air and shrugged as I laughed in disbelief.

I looked down to the table and noticed that another glass of whiskey neat was placed infront of me next to the bottle I had ordered earlier.

I grabbed the glass and downed the whiskey.

Then it came to me.
The day I fell down the stairs with lord loser and then decided to see what all those meetings were about.

Dom had told Rivera no, something about his family and Luca told him that his family was better than them, them being the Toscani.

"So this came up as an alternative long ago and no one told me." I thought out loud.

"We didn't because I had decided it wasn't going to happen." Dom defended, "Both options I had weren't exactly grapes of the sweetest vine, but I thank Luca because this was the better of the two." He admitted. 

"Uffa!" I huffed.
(Italian exclamation used to express disappointment or boredom.)

"They won't be coming after you, well his brother won't. He's dead." Dom added.

"How!?" I asked.

"Toscani killed his own brother so he could get his niece to exchange." Gio filled in.

Marie,oh gosh.

"Killed her mom too."

My stomach dropped and it churned. I was nauseous and I put my palms to the table to steady myself. This little girl lost her parents to her own uncle, to the mafia.

I spun the cover off the whiskey bottle and poured some more.

"I can't let you give her to those goons." I exhaled sharply after downing another drink.

I can't let her life be complete shit.

"We don't plan to." Dom said.

"I'll adopt her."

My eyes shot the source of the voice, I wasn't sure of who said it.

"Gio." I gasped softly.

"I'll talk to Mia." He smiled.

I smiled in return and let out a small shaky laugh.
She'll have a good life if she lives with us, with Gio and Mia.

"But you." I snapped my attention back to Luca.

"Anyways it's not like I'd really be marrying you." I scoffed as I thought out loud.

"Arieon. You would. The Toscani Don and his brother might be dead but their family will appoint a new boss." Dom informed me.

"They will have the same plans as that old man, the farm was wired, they'll know everything I said." Luca added.

His words came back to me.
'I'm not here because I've partnered with the Dellucci and she's their sister. I'm here protecting her because she's mine.'

'That's my future wife.'

Almost sent to savages and now put into an arranged marriage to a psychopath.

Well fück my life.

"I got myself to agree to going to the Toscani, but marrying this figlio di puttana?!" I gestured to Luca.  (Mother fücker.)

"Sei un deficiente." He huffed. (You're a moron.)

"Relax, you can still whore around. It's not like we're gonna be in some kind of commitment." He scoffed.

True.

What would I really lose, just the same things I would if I had gone to the Toscani.
However freedom, a phone and the ability to express myself is a gain to the exchange situation.

Besides who could resist Luca Rivera's charming  personality. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay." I whispered.

"Well. Since this lovely meeting is over. I'm going home. She can come anytime tomorrow." He said as he grabbed his jacket off the back of the chair and swung it over his shoulder.

"Ughhh povero me." I groaned as I slumped down into my chair, grabbing the bottle as I poured yet another.
(Poor me.)

Dom was glaring at me, I'm sure he desperately wanted to tell me about the drinking. It most definitely became a problem. One that started when I had met my ex and started sneaking out and partying but that's a story for another time.

The drunken place where I saw three of everything and was all bubbly and happy became my favorite place, but now I had control. I don't get drunk but I do need drinks.

Luca was still in the room and he was staring.

"Take those damn green eyes off me." I snapped.

"Why, you are my bride to be." He snickered as he left.

"Asshole." I muttered as I put my lips around the glass for another one.