Chapter 34- Nostalgia

Very short, overdue update for you guys. Lmao one word, college. It ain't fun. 😏💁. But you guys give me purpose! The book passed 36k reads! Like what the hell I remember it being 23 just like in January! I definitely will try not to take long with the next one and I promise it's gonna be longer for sure, bear with me, xoxo.

Nostalgia
Arieon's POV

Everyone finished eating and I was currently helping Mia clean up in the kitchen

Everyone finished eating and I was currently helping Mia clean up in the kitchen. "So..." She dragged as she stretched to put another plate up in the cupboards. "Luca's cousin?" she asked, before grabbing another plate from me. An image of Lor popped into my head. "uh, yeah." I shrugged.

I was trying to grasp her feelings on the situation. "Is that why you haven't been coming over regularly? Because you didn't want to tell us?" she asked after placing the plate where it belonged. "I mean. kind of." I admitted. It was mostly because- well honestly I don't know. If I wanted I could be over here everyday, but it didn't make sense I'd still have to go back to Luca's and I'd still have to pretend to be his perfect, loving wife.

"Let's finish this up and we are gonna have a girls night!" She smiled.

When we finished the dishes, we gathered up a bunch of snacks from the pantry and went up to my room. She opened the door and I followed her in. The brightness that welcomed me was inviting, though it burned my eyes. Honestly forgot how bright it could be in here. Nostalgia over took me and I found myself wiping at tears threatening to fall. My eyes fell on a pop of purple. It was the teddy bear that my brother's gifted me. I went straight for it and made myself comfortable on my old bed.

Mia and I talked a lot, collecting a few pieces of the multiple episodes of friends we had as background noise. She eventually brought up Lorenzo again and I had changed the subject. "Well, how about Luca?" she asked. "There's nothing to talk about." I stated, as I shoved gummy worms into my month. "Then tell me about Lorenzo." She snatched the pack from me. "I can beat your ass." I jokingly reminded her. She rolled her eyes.

I exhaled deeply. "Lor and I go out and we..." I trailed off. I couldn't say it. I couldn't tell her that we were, well dating. Mia was my best friend for awhile and I trusted her with everything. I love her, we kept all of each others' secrets, but that was before she got with Giovanni. We both look at each other differently and if I told her that I was dating Lorenzo, all while being confused with how I feel. She'd judge me... I couldn't handle that right now. I just wanted to relax.

"You're fucking him." Mia added. "Mia." I scoffed at her.

"So how's motherhood? You looked pretty sleep deprived earlier on." I took the pack back from her. She sighed before speaking,"Don't change the subject I know you're boning him!" She laughed. "Honestly how old are you?" I laughed in disbelief, as I threw the bear I had on my lap at her.

When the laughter subsided I asked again about Marie. "She's a good kid, but sometimes she cries for her parents and it's so difficult to calm her down. Gio, he's really good with her. He always knows what to do." She smiled. "Well he has kinda done it before." I sneered and Mia let out a laugh, "True."

~~~~~~

The next day went by smoothly, I mostly spent my day with Mia, Gio and little Marie. Dom was still cooling off, but we all awkwardly had breakfast together this morning. I was currently in the kitchen with Mia tidying up the total mess we had made of the kitchen earlier while preparing lunch. Nobody ate yet, but the guys had left to see about some business so we decided to get started.

Granted that yes we had chefs , we wanted to make the day a bit more personal, more special, so we had taken up the responsibility on our own. I'm not saying that we couldn't cook and decided to work a miracle. We just never had to cook for so many people before, and we were definitely not used to cooking with someone.

The kitchen although quite spacious proved to be too small for us, somehow we broke two plates and dropped a sack of floor. It was amazing that none of the appliances broke. I started vacuuming up flour from the floor, Mia was picking up what was left of the ceramic plates, and suddenly Dom came into the room. I turned the vacuum off.

He took a quick scan of disaster that occurred in his kitchen and his nose flared a bit, I could already tell he was bothered by it. I knew he wanted to yell at me, and I wouldn't mind if he did right now. We haven't talked since.

"Let's talk." He whispered. I glanced to Mia who excused herself to go check on Marie. Dom walked over to me, "I need you to be careful in Russia, I'll send ten men- " I turned the vacuum back on and cut him off. I wasn't going to Russia with a million people on my back, especially with me and Luca fighting like we do. They'd all report back to Dom.

"Okay okay ascolta." He sighed. (Listen.) I turned the thing back off again and gave Dominic my attention. "The Columbo has been off the grid for awhile." He started, "Who knows what they're planning." "I'll be fine. I'll have Jules and Luca wouldn't let me die at least." I added. He scowled at me, as to tell me to be serious, but I was. He rolled eyes.

"Ti amo." I smiled. He gave me no response. "Ti amoooooooo!" (I love you.) I sang. He rolled his eyes again and was about to turn around to leave and on impulse, I flipped the vacuum on blow and pointed it in his direction. Flour shot out of it, creating a fog in the room and I laughed loudly as I turned the machine back off again.

I stifled back my laughter, as the flour settled and I started to see Dominic standing with his hands on his hips and he was covered. "Oh mio dio." I smiled. "I'm sorry." I laughed as he wiped his face clean. "Come here, Ti amo." He stressed as he started to make his way over to me. "No never mind." I snickered, before; dropping the vacuum hose and running around the table. He caught me on the other side, wrapping his arms around me and shaking his hair all over me, getting flour on me. We both laughed together so hard for the first time in awhile, and it felt great.