Friends and More

= Chapter 17 =

Ryker’s POV

They rush in and trap us both in a hug.

“I’m so glad you’re both okay!” Chelsea yells and the rest yell agreements.

I laugh and flinch at the pain shooting through me; they all back up a little.

“Sorry man,” Jake smiles and Julie punches his arm, which leads them into play wrestling on the ground.

“KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS JAKE!” Brad and Chad yell together.

“Methinks the twins are jealous.”

They look at each other shocked, but shake their heads as Jake continues.

“Of me or Julie though? That is the ultimate question.”

Everyone laughs and the boys both blush and Julie smacks Jake lightly.

“Hey!”

“Don’t tease them,” she pouts at him and he kisses her softly.

“Yeah don’t tease us,” they chime, leaving everyone laughing again.

“While we’re on the topic of pants…” Chelsea eyes Casper and I.

“Crap,” he whispers grabbing his pants and shoving mine at me, we hurry to drag them on while the laughter starts up again.

Chelsea starts singing a song by one of her favourite youtubers and Casper soon joins in. Crap. They sound brilliant.

Chad starts singing loudly too, however much more out of tune than them. And pretty soon we’re all singing as badly as we possibly can and at the loudest volume we can.

^^^

We all fall asleep eventually, after building the world’s biggest blanket fort.

Casper and I are huddled awake in a section with fairy lights hung up.

His eyes are sparkling and he looks so… happy. So much more alive than he was on the day I first met him. I find a piece of paper and a pencil and sketch him quickly, making a note in my mind to turn this into a painting when I got home. My parents had been very concerned when they heard what had happened, but were happy to leave me at Casper’s house, they trust him.

He watches me sketch for a little and whispers something so quietly that at first I don’t hear it.

Casper’s POV

“I love you,” I whisper softly.

Ryker looks at me, tilting my head up to look into my eyes.

“Say it louder?”

“I… I love you Ryker.”

“I love you,” he replies smiling, “I love you, I love you, I love you!”

He grabs me into a close hug and kisses me deeply and passionately.