Rings in a Row

=Chapter 22=

Casper’s POV

We sit at the table chatting between ourselves. Ryker’s hand is firmly grasping mine.

We had some weird looks on the way in, but people have generally dealt with it without any hassles. The group accepted it very quickly, Brad even gave me a huge hug and told me he’s happy that I’ve finally moved on and that I deserve to be happy.

It was so… Nice.

Ryker turns to me and smiles, squeezing my hand as our breakfast orders are placed on the table.

Chelsea glances at the door, a little worriedly. I wonder what that’s about. She turns back to join the conversation though and seems to be okay.

Brad and Chad are arguing over whose plate is whose (even though they ordered the exact same thing) and the waitress is staring confusedly at them. Julie and Jake are talking to Chelsea and Ryker.

“So we’re um…”

Julie holds up her hand, a plain silver ring on her finger. The table falls into awed silence.

“I mean we’re not going to get married any time soon, we just wanted to make the dedication to get married,” Jake said happily, eyes only for Julie as she beamed at him.

The table erupted into excited conversation.

“I want to be a bridesmaid!”

“You’ll probably be Maid of Honour.”

“I thought I was going to be Maid of Honour!” Brad and Chad yelled together.

“What about the groomsmen?”

“When is it going to be?”

Throughout this though I noticed that Ryker went quiet, his fingers began playing with my ring finger. He couldn’t possibly? No it was too soon, it’s all in my head. But he continued to massage it as Chelsea tried on Julie’s ring , Chad and Brad argued over which of them was more beautiful and Jake stared lovingly at Julie whilst making conversation with her and Chelsea. Ryker lifted my hand on top of the table, continuing with the motions and staring at my hand in a daze. The table slowly quieted down, everyone watching the oblivious Ryker.

Ryker’s POV

I trace the line on his hand where a wedding ring would be, smiling to myself, totally captivated by the idea that someday Casper could be entirely mine and I could be his and only his. After a while I notice the silence and look up. The whole group is looking at me.

“Someday,” I whisper to Casper, kissing his forehead gently.

He smiles and nods.

Someday I’ll make him my forever.

Casper’s POV

He whispers a single word and it might just be the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard.

He kisses my forehead and I blush lightly, suddenly struck by the thought that even if he did ask me now,even so soon, I would say yes.

Hopefully I won’t have to wait that long to be with the boy who I met by coincidence and fell in love with without choice.

“I love you,” he whispers as the group starts laughing a little at his lovestruck actions.

“I love you too.”

END

A/N

Thanks for reading please remember to vote, comment and follow if you enjoyed. Feel free to ask me any other questions about the story or bug me to write more ;). Hope you enjoyed and I happily encourage feedback!

Thanks so much,

xx