Reveal

= Chapter 18 =

Ryker’s POV

We walk into school the next day after it’s meant to have ended and walk into Mrs Dell’s classroom.

“Casper! Ryker!”

She runs to us and hugs us at the same time. Eventually she pulls away looking concerned.

“Are you boys doing okay?”

We nod slightly recalling the previous day’s events.

“Why are you boys here?”

“We um… We want to show each other our pieces.”

“Alright, I’ve marked them both, can’t give you your exact results yet but you both received high A’s.”

She smiled warmly heading to her back room to fetch my piece; Casper’s was still out front and covered by a sheet.

“Yours first,” he whispers.

“Okay,” Mrs Dell brings it in, placing it on an easel nearby.

“Ryker, would you like to unveil it?” She grins wider.

I smile and remove the black plastic bag off of the canvas.

Casper’s POV

I gasp and a blush creeps up my cheeks.

He’s rendered me perfectly. I’m facing forward with my body moved slightly to one side. He’s made me entirely out of tiny words, poetry. I also have large wings, not really angel wings, bird wings. They have tiny detailed little light brown feathers covering their surface. It contains so much detail and exudes love and adoration.

It’s beautiful.

A tear rolls down my face.

“Ryker I…”

“I know,” he hugs me close.

“Now come on, show me yours.”

“I think it’s too soon for that Ryker,” Mrs Dell laughs and we both blush furiously.

“I…I meant the statue,” he stutters, sweet.

“Okay,” I smile slightly.

How can I ever compete with his artwork?

Ryker’s POV

He shyly and slowly pulls the sheet off, looking away.

“Wh… Wha…Who…Whoa.”

I stand there gobsmacked, unable to form a functional sentence.

He has made me.

Out of thousands of little pieces of bits of what appears to be random junk, but is actually much more than that…

It’s tiny little sculptures of me and things I love and people I love, all brought together to create a full sized copy of me, even my sister is there.

I laugh and grab Casper, spinning him around and planting a huge kiss on his lips, my fingers kneading the muscles in his back.

“Mmm,” he moans and Mrs Dell coughs.

Casper’s face turns redder than I’d ever seen it.

She laughs as Casper silently tugs on my sleeve, “Bye boys see you soon.”

We leave and I look curiously at Casper. He blushes even more, opening the car and slowly stepping in. He’s so cute when he blushes. I wonder if I could make him blush a little more…

“Hey uh… Casper.”

“Yeah?” He pulls slowly out of the parking lot and starts driving towards my house.

“Are you a virgin?”

He coughs and splatters on the steering wheel, choking on his own spit. Face now cherry red.

“W… Why do you want to know?”

“Just curious, I’m still a virgin.”

He looks at me in shock.

“YOU A VIRGIN BUT YOU”RE…”

“I’m what?”

He bites his lip, staring at me, “You’re you. Damn sexy and so incredibly smart and gorgeous and…”

I stop him, “Okay okay! You still haven’t answered my question though.”

“What question?”

He’s playing dumb…

“Are you still a virgin?”

He knows I’m not including his mom, I whispered gently that I wasn’t and he smiled shyly before replying.

“Um… No…”

“You’re not?”

“No,” he looks ashamed.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s just now that I met you… I wish I could be your first and you could be mine…”

Now I was blushing.

“That’s okay Caspy,” I smile.

“No it’s not.”

“Casper?”

He pulls into my driveway.

“Look at me Casper.”

He does, hesitantly.

“Casper, I love you. That’s all that matters.  When we’re together it will be beautiful, because we love each other.

“Ryker…”

I silence him with a kiss, “Come on in.”