Practice (Tumblr)

What gets traction on Tumblr? 

I tend to add Star Trek works and the linking from WordPress is less than ideal, as the images are often hiding behind a click. When people are browsing through Tumblr, they don’t always stop to click. 

So, how would you change that? How would you bring more engagement to my (or your own) postings? 

Tags? Images that show up but don’t need to be clicked first? Better post naming? Tumblr is still being accessed more with desktop and laptop computers, than with mobile devices. How would you use this information to reach more people? Two-thirds of Tumblr users are under the age of 35; about 40% are under 25. It does not skew super-heavily in favor of either gender. What does this tell you? Which book genres should do best there? Which might have more trouble gaining traction? How would you convert a poor performer to a better performer? Formatting? Entering the conversation and being more involved with the community, perhaps? 

The link is to a post of mine on Tumblr. The image is the image that goes with the linked post. The YouTube video is some pretty interesting information about Tumblr. 

Did this chapter help you? Did it hold your interest? Do you want to see more? Then please vote! You know the puppy wants you to. ;)