Three Blows

Since I see where all this comes from, Awan is delighted to flaunt his education over me.

We were in the library when father was leaving for the city.

"Awan take care of your Mistress" he commanded.

"Sure Sir" he rubs his arms.

"Where do you live Awan?" Mother asked him.

"The front Mansion Mrs. Al -Masi"

My mother's cup hovered in the air, both my parents exchanged a brief look.

"I thought you work there" My father exclaimed.

"Oh yes. Is it not work if it is home? That is what I think about often. Why working at home is not work?"

Father cross smirked at his comprehend and mother laughed "Oh Awan you are exclusive!"

"No, I madame am one of a kind" he blazed.

I slightly shook my head.

It is bizarre the trust we have over him in this short span.

My father handed us to him.

His worth suddenly rose to the higher shelf as he revealed he lived beside us as an equal. Had I not known my parents I would pass this as the magic of time or even give credits of it to Awan but I knew them too well, they marked a mans importance from his wealth and his house.

Now Awan was an Elite which I knew he wasn't.

"Why do you hate rich people?" I asked as we settled early evening on the rock bench.

"Isn't it cold?"

"Answer please?"

"Oh Miss if you weren't one, you would too" he spoke blowing gently on his hand.

Probably.

"You live alone?"

"I live with my mother. She is old and annoying most days"

I laughed. Brutally honest.

"Why do you live with them?" He asked me.

"Because I do not have anywhere else to go"I spoke borrowing the some of the same honesty.

He nodded smiling wide, stretching his large chapped lips.

" Did you like Maerifa?"

"Yes...Can I ask you something?"

"No" he boldly said.

I laughed.

We both sighed.
He left for his work and I stayed alone.

The crickets started their sound, the evening left and the like clean new bedsheets over plain floors the black sky lay afresh, the stars mounted and the moon attended dull and sad as always.

Affected by the ambiance and pestered by all the silence around me. I fell in the hole of sorrow.

"Miss..."

"Yes Awan"

"Miss..."

I looked at him.
He smiled wide. I did not smile back.

"Fruitcake" he offered.

I shook my head.

He sat beside.

"Did you call Abdullah?" He asked.

"No.." I smiled.

"The first one, Omar?"