Goodbye for the night

Hemming the flair of my skirt when Mrs. Hameeda bought a small top, "can you hem the neck of this as well, I have poor eyesight? this is for my grandchild"

"Sure" I smiled.

I sat with the pointed needle passing through the fine cloth. "You are not like your mother," she remarks.

How shall it make a daughter feel greater?

When I had the skirt and top ready and placed it on the table I walked to Mother's room.

Mum was on her sofa and Awan standing before here. My forehead cringed.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

He bows his head and leaves.

"Mother why was he here?" I stress over.

"I called for him. Amusing, isn't he?"

I stormed out of the room. Why does she talk like that? Why is her voice like one of those Jazz girls?

Upset and disturbed, I sat in the garden.

Awan was walking towards me but I was far more in rage "you better go Amuse somebody else, Awan!" I fumed.

He stopped "You look dangerous"

"Leave me alone!"

He sat where he stopped.

The silence made her shelter adding one breath like a twig to nest at a time.

I was still, one leg over the other, hand over chin and unhappy.

Awan sat on the grass a few steps away, crossed legs and head dipped between knees.

Moments went by. He crawled towards me "Miss you would make a wonderful painting"

I rolled my eyes, he smiled.

"I thought I would show something surely interesting" he teased.

"Awan.." I did not know why I was angry. I took the breath back into me and stared the night.

"Miss?"

"Nothing, what were you saying?"
I asked, now his smile lays wider and stretches to his ears. It is almost contagious at times, he rubs his arms and looks around " Miss do you want to know every man's secret?"

I raised my brows. "Every man's?"

"Everyone, we could go to nearby Mansions a few miles from here and spy on them" he spoke like a child who has discovered a new game.

"what rubbish Awan!" I shuddered my shoulders.

"Oh, it's fun!" He shrank in the offense.

I looked at the dull Mansion before me and then my own poor hands. Never had I experienced anything 'fun'

"Let's go"

We pulled out Awan's beat up car.

"It is the ugliest Car I have ever seen"I stated as I sat inside covering my nose.

" Shut up! It is a Ford Fairlane from 1969's you gotta be kidding me! They had a movie made on it 'The Adventures of Ford Fairlane' in America, it is my Darling!"

"Couldn't stop it from being ugly. I mean it stinks. The model is alright, it's just not ugh...quite maintained" I blinked the water from my eyes that the smell had caused.

I opened the windows.

He scrunched his nose in embarrassment. I relaxed on the uncomfortable seat.